2022 Season | Week 3 | Gameday Chatter | Cowboys at Giants | 9/25/2022

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Against Tampa I'm fairly sure that Wilson was playing deeper at safety with Kearse more in the box, but over these last two games with Kearse out Hooker has been the deep/centerfield type safety with Wilson more involved in the box.

In that role he's been a missile, blowing up WR's over the middle, pressuring QB's, just generally playing great. He has 1 INT, 2 TFL, 3 QB hits and a sack, plus 2 PD's in just 3 games.

I'm sure Quinn can figure out how to get them in the right spots but I wonder if we aren't better served with Hooker deep, Wilson in the box and Kearse playing as a pseudo-LB.

Either way, I've been saying it for a few weeks, we should be looking hard at trying to extend Wilson for cheap right now because if he keeps playing like this his value is going to soar.
1664362295215.png

Just amazing the safety play we're getting under Quinn.

If the front can keep getting the pressure they have been, the INTs should pile up.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
And again, this site was bitching about Smith when we took him
Might not have wanted OL, but you'd be silly not to trust their judgement with a 1st round OLineman...the last 10 years has been golden.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Might not have wanted OL, but you'd be silly not to trust their judgement with a 1st round OLineman...the last 10 years has been golden.
Oh we all wanted Oline but none of us really "wanted" Tyler Smith in the first. Some of us were ok with it a bit like Frederick but the media dinged us hard for the pick.

And this is why draft grades are stupid.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Give it another week or two when they start to open up the playbook a bit more.
Opening up the playbook is what they did against Tampa, and it was a really bad idea.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Dude, nobody is signing him to a monster contract.

Probably not. But, I was responding to someone posting that we should lock him up before someone else signs him away, which is silly. It's in our best interest if someone signs him in FA.

And remember, someone signed Matt Flynn. It's not unheard of.

Top Bottom