2022 Season | Week 3 | Gameday Chatter | Cowboys at Giants | 9/25/2022

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Probably not. But, I was responding to someone posting that we should lock him up before someone else signs him away, which is silly. It's in our best interest if someone signs him in FA.

And remember, someone signed Matt Flynn. It's not unheard of.
I think someone will sign him. Probably not a monster deal but I wouldn't be shocked to think someone signs him as sort of a bridge QB. Or the Pats sign him to backup their starter sort of thing. He is a very Brian Hoyer type QB.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I think someone will sign him. Probably not a monster deal but I wouldn't be shocked to think someone signs him as sort of a bridge QB. Or the Pats sign him to backup their starter sort of thing. He is a very Brian Hoyer type QB.
Hoyer also was able to follow coaching tree paths.

Rush got cut from a Garrett coached team and sat unemployed for a whole month before the Cowboys brought him back.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Watching some of the Giants game again and I would hope the idea is that Peters is ready for more snaps.

There was a big difference how we looked running the ball with him in there versus Farniok.

If I have seen one thing, old grizzled ass technically superior lineman that play into their late 30s or whatever rarely get tested. And I mean not just by their physical opponent, but even sometimes the opposing coaches.

Peters has that HoF in waiting rep and the Giants players sure as shit were respecting him.

Another thing is that I noticed is that there were more than a few plays where the Giants just didn't even bother to send rushers at Tyler Smith.

He would be kicking back into his set and then...nothing.

That is kind of a compliment, I guess. Or poor blitz design.

One thing Quinn did is throw the kitchen sink at Evan Neal and they broke him down pretty good.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Watching some of the Giants game again and I would hope the idea is that Peters is ready for more snaps.

There was a big difference how we looked running the ball with him in there versus Farniok.

If I have seen one thing, old grizzled ass technically superior lineman that play into their late 30s or whatever rarely get tested. And I mean not just by their physical opponent, but even sometimes the opposing coaches.

Peters has that HoF in waiting rep and the Giants players sure as shit were respecting him.

Another thing is that I noticed is that there were more than a few plays where the Giants just didn't even bother to send rushers at Tyler Smith.

He would be kicking back into his set and then...nothing.

That is kind of a compliment, I guess. Or poor blitz design.

One thing Quinn did is throw the kitchen sink at Evan Neal and they broke him down pretty good.
I think Peters has sort of taken a big brother role with Tyler too. What better than to put a HOFer right next to him to help him during games.

My favorite was when everyone was getting in a scrum after the game and Tyler Smith is standing next to Peters and he has him strap up and then straps up right with him. Like a big brother taking his little brother into battle. It's pretty cool to watch.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I forgot Tyron Smith was even on the team anymore.
You will forget even more when around Thanksgiving, when he is supposed to come back and you just don't hear anything.

I know I have seen the same shit before.

Haley. Woodson. Novacek. Johnston. Aikman.

All of them were broken down horses that Jones would milk for publicity, week after week.

It was pretty clear they were done.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I think Peters has sort of taken a big brother role with Tyler too. What better than to put a HOFer right next to him to help him during games.

My favorite was when everyone was getting in a scrum after the game and Tyler Smith is standing next to Peters and he has him strap up and then straps up right with him. Like a big brother taking his little brother into battle. It's pretty cool to watch.
Yep, it seems like Peters is a much better mentor than Tyron. Not that Tyron is a bad guy, he just barely ever talks.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
View attachment 692518

Credit goes to some rando on Facebook.
I have to inform you of several things based off this post.

The fact you are on Facebook is demerit #1.

The fact you publish the Cowboys Facebook shit here is demerit #2.

Your next infraction may result in further consequences...up to, and/or including an account ban.

I am going to tell you this, Sheik.

You and I have a history.

But my patience only goes so far with this kind of shit posting.

I will be happy to discuss this with you in PMs.

Or we can do this now.

Your choice.

Sheik

DCC 4Life

Your next infraction may result in further consequences...up to, and/or including an account ban.

Or we can do this now.

Your choice.
Do you even want an explanation/excuse?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

This was debunked. Smith claimed instinct, which I appreciate even more.

shoop

Semi-contributing member

Or we can do this now.

Your choice.
Booze is now board HR???

Top Bottom