2022 Season | Week 3 | Gameday Chatter | Cowboys at Giants | 9/25/2022

kidd

DCC 4Life
For the record, I am not jumping on the Cooper Rush bandwagon. I’m just asking questions and making observations.

How much better is the Tampa Bay defense than the Giants?

The reason I ask is because from what I have seen, this team moved more easily up and down the field with Rush at the helm. Now this very well can be chalked up to play calling. That’s why I am asking.

If it is play calling then why the hell are we setting up Dak to fail?

I’m not saying Rush should be starting but I will say that he is more than serviceable as a backup and we need to tie him up before another team tries to take him as starter.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
For the record, I am not jumping on the Cooper Rush bandwagon. I’m just asking questions and making observations.

The reason I ask is because from what I have seen, this team moved more easily up and down the field with Rush at the helm. Now this very well can be chalked up to play calling. That’s why I am asking.

I’m not saying Rush should be starting but I will say that he is more than serviceable as a backup and we need to tie him up before another team tries to take him as starter.
180 yards rushing and like 6 yards a pop should tell you something about the differences.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

A lot better. The Giants' DL was beaten up, their interior LBers are subpar. They tried to rush both of their OLBs back in too soon and they pretty much got manhandled.

I am certain the play-calling is affected by the fact that he, not Prescott, is running the offense. There are several things Rush does that distinguish him from Prescott, at least the mess we saw against Tampa: he sets his feet and he gets the ball out.

As far as getting worried about someone signing him away, please.

That is a way down the road question, unless you are Goof Son, in which case you just shit your pants with yet another strain on the cap.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
If someone signed away Rush I'd be thrilled. Third or 4th round comp pick? Yes please. Hell I'd be thinking about trading him in the off-season if someone offered a nice package for him.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If someone signed away Rush I'd be thrilled. Third or 4th round comp pick? Yes please. Hell I'd be thinking about trading him in the off-season if someone offered a nice package for him.
I totally agree, take the comp pick and be thrilled. Cooper Rush has far exceeded my expectations based on the preseason but definitely the type of guy you let someone overpay for.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Dude, nobody is signing him to a monster contract.

Honestly, the guy is living his best life as a backup QB, although he was late to the game. His best hope is to be a complete leech like Chase Daniel or something. I don't see a guy that is uber-competitive and wants to run a team.

He just happens to be that decade-long NFL backup QB lifer that has a nice little spark to the tail-end of his career.

He also has been incubated for a bit. He is red-headed. So there is that.

Sheik

DCC 4Life

Honestly, the guy is living his best life as a backup QB, although he was late to the game. His best hope is to be a complete leech like Chase Daniel or something. I don't see a guy that is uber-competitive and wants to run a team.

He just happens to be that decade-long NFL backup QB lifer that has a nice little spark to the tail-end of his career.

He’ll probably be 6-0 lifetime before that piece of shit gets healthy and is handed the job back.

Some team will come knocking.

data

Forbes #1

Forget the 88s, you want a legitimate Cowboys-unique Club?

Ginger backup QBs - Weeden, Garrett, Rush, Dalton

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Forget the 88s, you want a legitimate Cowboys-unique Club?

Ginger backup QBs - Weeden, Garrett, Rush, Dalton
It is a pretty long list.

And I bet it is missing a camp arm or two from the Garrett era.

data

Forbes #1
It is a pretty long list.

And I bet it is missing a camp arm or two from the Garrett era.
I could only find eight total ginger QBs ever, going back to Sonny Jurgensen. The fact that we fielded over half of them and, not just buried on the practice squad, all four have started games (plural) is quite amazing.

It’s destiny for Carson Wentz to don a Star someday

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
:lol

There is nobody looking to make Cooper F'n Rush their starter. Stop it.

And just for arguments sake, lets say that there was. You say we should tie him up. Why in the hell would Rush sign a contract extension with us for backup pay if he knew there was some team out there that would be willing to pay him starter money and uhhh.... Make him the starter?

People have been losing their damn minds these last few weeks.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Top Bottom