Week 10 Game Day Chatter |Cowboys @ Eagles | 11-11-2018

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I love hearing how Doug Pederson gets all the same criticismsof Garrett from the WIP callers. Just swap names and it might as well be reading this board. And he won a Super Bowl like 9-10 months ago.
I don’t believe you. Is he being criticized? Sure, I’ll buy that. It’s what happens. Especially after a loss to a hated rival. But Doug Pederson has a looooong way to fall to match all Garrett’s criticisms.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He didn't.
Both scored 2 TDs. One guy threw a pick which made the difference in the game. Of course one had a run game to compliment him and the other didn't. I don't think either guy significantly outplayed the other in the end though. They both made some plays and they both missed some stuff.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don’t believe you. Is he being criticized? Sure, I’ll buy that. It’s what happens. Especially after a loss to a hated rival. But Doug Pederson has a looooong way to fall to match all Garrett’s criticisms.
Yeah Pederson would need to have a performance like this for like a decade before he falls to that level.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I mean, whatever, it's obviously not exactly 1:1, nor was I saying all the criticisms are warranted. Just saying, people basically implying he's a bottom tier coach, should be fired, he's getting by on talent, all his success was due to his coordinator(s) (mostly the ones that are now gone, ie, Frank Reich), etc. All the same things I hear on this board.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
It was actually sort of the opposite. We relied on the passing game until it opened up the running game. Dak had 24 first half passes. His 36 pass attempts were a season high. We didn't try to force the run game like we always do. We sort of let the run game come naturally which was refreshing. Then around the second quarter and the second half of the game the running lanes really started to open up and we were able to gash them. It was refreshing to see but I'm with you in that I doubt the coaches keep this up. They have no concept of how to stay aggressive on offense from one game to the next.
Ah OK. The shows this morning were making it sound as if everything started with them finally getting Zeke going early and often. They made it sound as if he opened everything up.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Ah OK. The shows this morning were making it sound as if everything started with them finally getting Zeke going early and often. They made it sound as if he opened everything up.
Nah, Zeke didn't really get going till the second half. Meanwhile Prescott had 19 first half passing attempts.

Of course, we only really scored 6 points in the first half, before a couple of key plays right at the end led to a right-before-half TD.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Maybe I should root for us to lose more often. :unsure

In all seriousness, I truly wanted us to lose. I would give up just about anything to see Garrett gone. Even if it means losing to the Eagles.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I mean, whatever, it's obviously not exactly 1:1, nor was I saying all the criticisms are warranted. Just saying, people basically implying he's a bottom tier coach, should be fired, he's getting by on talent, all his success was due to his coordinator(s) (mostly the ones that are now gone, ie, Frank Reich), etc. All the same things I hear on this board.
Well, that's understandable right after an emotional loss. People say stupid shit in the heat of the moment. Look at our game threads for proof of that.

We're still saying these things in June. Every offseason.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
In the first quarter I think he was 6 rushes for 23 yards. Not a bad output by any means but most of that came on an 11 yard run. Otherwise our run game was pretty much stuffed.

Too many people look at a final stat line and assume that we dominated with a run game from start to finish. It wasn't really like that.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nah, Zeke didn't really get going till the second half. Meanwhile Prescott had 19 first half passing attempts.

Of course, we only really scored 6 points in the first half, before a couple of key plays right at the end led to a right-before-half TD.
I thought he had 24 attempts in the first half for like 175 yards or something around there.

Cotton

Staff member
Philly people are notorious assholes too.
The only city worse as far as assholes go is Pittsburgh. That place is a cesspool for assholes.

Cotton

Staff member
Gallup was only targeted 3 times in this game. That is not acceptable.

Cotton

Staff member
I thought he had 24 attempts in the first half for like 175 yards or something around there.
According to Pro Football Reference we had 20 pass plays in the first half.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gallup was only targeted 3 times in this game. That is not acceptable.
Yeah I agree and that screen pass was a huge play. I love having Cooper and Gallup with Beasley in the slot. I think it gives Dak a ton of options that can reliably get open on most plays. I can't really complain about Hurns yesterday. He had 2 targets and made two big catches but he worries me on consistently beating coverage.

p1_

DCC 4Life

p1_

DCC 4Life

Top Bottom