Week 10 Game Day Chatter |Cowboys @ Eagles | 11-11-2018

p1_

DCC 4Life

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I mean I definitely wouldn't rush Connor Williams back.

Ultimately I'd still rather see Connor out at RT where his athletic ability could help out a ton in pass protection against smaller DEs. To me LG was never ideal for him.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah that was the play where Dak just sort of inexplicably fumbled if I remember correctly. It looked like he was getting ready to let the ball lose in that direction but then it just slipped out of his hand for no reason.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
No idea how he kept his balance after that jump. And then he ended up falling like 10 yards later for no reason.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I mean I definitely wouldn't rush Connor Williams back.

Ultimately I'd still rather see Connor out at RT where his athletic ability could help out a ton in pass protection against smaller DEs. To me LG was never ideal for him.
the line looked very good, just sayin.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
Dak had a good game. Could have been even better. The difference between Dak and Wentz was an INT that gave the Cowboys 7.

It's funny how the running game suddenly exploded though. The first half was all passing. Suddenly the run game gashed them in the second half. Passed to open up the run finally.
Isn't it Schmitty that always brings up the magical 270 yard mark for QBs? He did just get passed it.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
Or how about the center 7 yard down field on a pass play. Pure insanity. Dallas earned their penalties but how the fuck do you turn a blind eye to the Eagles mistakes?
And the funny thing about this one is they replayed it several times so the announcer could talk about how amazing it was Wentz got the pass off. Not once did any of them call out the hold here. Fake announcing!

p1_

DCC 4Life

p1_

DCC 4Life

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Isn't it Schmitty that always brings up the magical 270 yard mark for QBs? He did just get passed it.
You pass the ball 36 times and that will happen. We passed the ball significantly more than we ran it in this game. But 36 pass attempts were a season high for Dak. I'd like to see our offensive balance more in that range. Or at least be capable of doing that some games when the run game isn't working.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Maybe I should root for us to lose more often. :unsure

In all seriousness, I truly wanted us to lose. I would give up just about anything to see Garrett gone. Even if it means losing to the Eagles.
This may be an oxymoron statement. After all it is a statement from a co owner of a Cowboys fan forum who wants the Cowboys to lose.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Yeah that was the play where Dak just sort of inexplicably fumbled if I remember correctly. It looked like he was getting ready to let the ball lose in that direction but then it just slipped out of his hand for no reason.
I think he knocked it out as he was patting it with the other hand.

p1_

DCC 4Life

p1_

DCC 4Life

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I don't know whether or not it's the philosophical change along the OL in terms of replacing Alexander finally taking hold, but Sua-Filo looked to solidify the interior much more than Williams. Just the mere fact that he can hold his ground and not get bulldozed into the backfield made a major difference.

I'm not writing off Williams yet, and it may truly have more do with the change away from Alexander, or perhaps even mixing up the 1st down run/pass ratio, but I wouldn't put Williams back in the rest of this season if the OL continues to run block as it did last night.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I don't know whether or not it's the philosophical change along the OL in terms of replacing Alexander finally taking hold, but Sua-Filo looked to solidify the interior much more than Williams. Just the mere fact that he can hold his ground and not get bulldozed into the backfield made a major difference.

I'm not writing off Williams yet, and it may truly have more do with the change away from Alexander, or perhaps even mixing up the 1st down run/pass ratio, but I wouldn't put Williams back in the rest of this season if the OL continues to run block as it did last night.
so controversial. but I agree.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

He played well at LG. This is a guy who was a former second round pick and started a lot of games in the NFL. So it's not like we are talking about a total scrub. I've always been in favor of size in the middle of my O-line so I was never a big fan of Connor inside. He needs to either add some bulk in the offseason or kick out to tackle in my opinion.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around

Sua-Filo's a tank.

Top Bottom