Week 10 Game Day Chatter |Cowboys @ Eagles | 11-11-2018

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I have a message for the team fans from the team players. “Kiss my sweaty butt.” :laff

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Or how about the center 7 yard down field on a pass play. Pure insanity. Dallas earned their penalties but how the fuck do you turn a blind eye to the Eagles mistakes?
I was cracking up when they were replaying that play over and over so Collingsworth could orgasm over Wentz. Just so blatant and not even in the background.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I chose the NBA over the Cowboys so I only caught the last 5 or 6 minutes of the game last night.

Judging by the highlights I'm seeing this morning, Garrett coached with desperation for a change. A fake punt deep in his own territory? They actually relied on the run game for a change? There was even an INT? I'm shocked.

But here's the thing. Does anyone actually believe this team will build on this and play a game remotely close to this one next weekend against the Falcons?

data

Forbes #1
I chose the NBA over the Cowboys so I only caught the last 5 or 6 minutes of the game last night.

Judging by the highlights I'm seeing this morning, Garrett coached with desperation for a change. A fake punt deep in his own territory? They actually relied on the run game for a change? There was even an INT? I'm shocked.

But here's the thing. Does anyone actually believe this team will build on this and play a game remotely close to this one next weekend against the Falcons?
you expect way too much.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
4-5. Immense pride in that record. Is someone chopping onions? May not win the division, but we're changing hearts, minds and lives. Plural.
:lol

Smitty

DCC 4Life
By the way, Amari Cooper is working out better than I expected, sooner than I expected.
He looks relatively legit.

Not Randy Moss or Julio Jones, but certainly better than Dez was at the end.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Vander Esch had himself a game.

It’s just a shame that a group of him, healthy Jaylon, and Lee lasted all of about 4 weeks. Back to 2 LBs again.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
[MENTION=21]Iamtdg[/MENTION]

Can't even get a KFC commercial for Bingo, huh? Long John Silvers? Popeyes?
Did anyone win at Bingo last night? I went to bed at like 9.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vander Esch had himself a game.

It’s just a shame that a group of him, healthy Jaylon, and Lee lasted all of about 4 weeks. Back to 2 LBs again.
I'm ok with it for now. No way they would have benched Lee and frankly LVE and Jaylon are a better combo in my opinion. They bring so much size and speed. I hate seeing one of them pulled off the field in favor or Lee. I mean LVE literally saved the game with his play last night. Does anyone have faith that Sean Lee makes that play last night? Or Jaylon running stride for stride with a WR down the field. Anyone here have faith that Lee wouldn't have left a bigger window open to complete that pass?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He looks relatively legit.

Not Randy Moss or Julio Jones, but certainly better than Dez was at the end.
His route running is very impressive. He get separation with his routes that none of our other receivers are capable of. He hasn't necessarily had a breakout game yet but if Dak completes one of those big passes we would be talking about the massive game Cooper had. So far he looks like an excellent addition. Still sucks not having the first but our offense badly needed Cooper.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It was actually sort of the opposite. We relied on the passing game until it opened up the running game. Dak had 24 first half passes. His 36 pass attempts were a season high. We didn't try to force the run game like we always do. We sort of let the run game come naturally which was refreshing. Then around the second quarter and the second half of the game the running lanes really started to open up and we were able to gash them. It was refreshing to see but I'm with you in that I doubt the coaches keep this up. They have no concept of how to stay aggressive on offense from one game to the next.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I love hearing how Doug Pederson gets all the same criticisms of Garrett from the WIP callers. Just swap names and it might as well be reading this board. And he won a Super Bowl like 9-10 months ago.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I would normally be ecstatic after beating Philly at home but every win increases the chance that Garrett is back. I'm so conflicted.
You can't pull for the Eagles to beat us. It's a cardinal rule.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I love hearing how Doug Pederson gets all the same criticisms of Garrett from the WIP callers. Just swap names and it might as well be reading this board. And he won a Super Bowl like 9-10 months ago.
Fans are fickle, especially Eagles fans who are some of the dumbest in the NFL in my opinion.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I think Cooper is changing how teams play us. Zeke is having a lot more room to roam. Also having Connor Williams injured is really helping the O-line. Or maybe it's Huock. Either way the line was much, much better.
Yeah, career bust and journeyman Xavier Sua Filo is really anchoring this OL. Come on. You are way too overboard with the Connor Williams hate.

I will say, I have no idea why they didn't look to bring in Fleming once Martin went down. Or even to start with. Collins to LG and Fleming at RT makes more sense than having Sua Filo in there.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He and Derwin James both playing excellently. Doesn't look like we could have gone wrong picking between them.
Yeah, the difference is we didn't give up a pick to move up for James. Although I don't think we would be unhappy at all if we did.

Top Bottom