Week 10 Game Day Chatter |Cowboys @ Eagles | 11-11-2018

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

LVE is getting the props here, but there was good defense all around. First, Lawrence gets a piece of the RB, slowing him down just a bit, allowing the rest of the guys to flow to the ball. Jaylon Smith has great pursuit, not allowing the cut back. And Xavier Woods also fills very nicely. Swarming to the ball with speed and gang tackling. If we can add a ball hawking safety, this defense really has a chance to be something.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but Xavier Woods had a pretty good game. Had some timely tackles and pass breakups.

data

Forbes #1
Two-minute drill and your WR catches 30-yard pass inbounds, then intentionally 'lateral' throw the ball out of bounds (ball does go legally backwards, say, 3 yards), that stops the clock while preserving the 27-yard gain, right?

Last edited:

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Yeah, career bust and journeyman Xavier Sua Filo is really anchoring this OL. Come on. You are way too overboard with the Connor Williams hate.

I will say, I have no idea why they didn't look to bring in Fleming once Martin went down. Or even to start with. Collins to LG and Fleming at RT makes more sense than having Sua Filo in there.
I like Connor plenty but the line play was better with a scrub taking his spot. What does that tell you?

p1_

DCC 4Life

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
It's pretty amazing how adept LVE is at going low and bringing guys down by their feet/ankles. Normally its something I hate to see out of a defender but for whatever reason he is extremely consistent at it.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Normally its something I hate to see out of a defender but for whatever reason he is extremely consistent at it.
Considering he played 8 man football in high school, I'd bet he got a whole lot of practice with open field tackles.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
Tons of people who watched the game.

Don't know if I can quantify that it was better, but it sure as hell looked better. Zeke was running through some big holes. And there were a few pass plays where Dak had a lot of time. I wondered whether the Colombo/Houck duo could have made that much difference. Something did.

BipolarFuk

Demoted

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's awesome.

Don’t get too excited. It will all come crashing down next week when Atlanta runs all over the defense. It is what this team has always done. Get you all excited for.... a dud....

p1_

DCC 4Life

p1_

DCC 4Life

Top Bottom