The Job Thread

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Ah fuck. I gotta go back to work tomorrow.
Same. I had to send out an email to the managers letting them know that I was off for the last several days. Explained how important it was for us to spend time with family and so forth. I felt like such a dweeb after I sent it.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I need to get my wife a nice high paying job when she goes back to work in another year or so. In this housing market we need it! She’s good at math and science, any suggestions?

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I need to get my wife a nice high paying job when she goes back to work in another year or so. In this housing market we need it! She’s good at math and science, any suggestions?
Is she outgoing? Potentially a sales job?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
After a five day quarantine due to my son's positive test, I return to the workforce tomorrow.

I am like, seriously, guys. I can do this job from home. I promise I could make the 45 minute drive if necessary if there was an emergency.

Last edited:

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Wait, she's good at math and science and you are good at words.

Teacher.

Wait. Sorry, I failed.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
they're usually hotties right out of college with their little suitcase on wheels
That was a while ago. Are you watching reruns of Big Bang Theory when Penny does it?

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
That was a while ago. Are you watching reruns of Big Bang Theory when Penny does it?
why would they move away from the honeypot angle? no doc wants to buy pills from a middle aged man.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
why would they move away from the honeypot angle? no doc wants to buy pills from a middle aged man.
I think it has gone beyond simple dick tingle for sales. It's been an industry for a while.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Same. I had to send out an email to the managers letting them know that I was off for the last several days. Explained how important it was for us to spend time with family and so forth. I felt like such a dweeb after I sent it.
Nothing wrong with being a dweeb every now and then.

I tend to limit those kind of displays when I want to surprise people. In other words, fuck with them.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Shit. I guess it really depends on her background beyond being "good at math and science".
She can do physics, calculus and statistics in her sleep, but she doesn’t have any advanced degree or experience besides teaching.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
She can do physics, calculus and statistics in her sleep, but she doesn’t have any advanced degree or experience besides teaching.
When you said HIGH paying, what are you talking about? What range?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Maybe look into getting a cpa?

Smitty

DCC 4Life
When you said HIGH paying, what are you talking about? What range?
I don’t want to out myself as a snob…. I mean, baseline 60k with benefits.

As an example I saw a position with the state, it was curriculum development with the state of NC for math, science, stem, etc. The listing said 60k-104k.

I think she needed a higher degree but otherwise she could do that shit all day long.

Top Bottom