The Job Thread

boozeman

Administrator
Staff member
Here is where you will deposit all of your mental vomit about your job.

I am serious.

It will be cathartic.

I will start.

I got turned in on an Ethics case today.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I have finally gave up on the oil field and moved back home to be with my wife and kids full time.

I am now a corrections officer working in a youth prison. Started about 2 weeks ago. And part time bartending at a country club so I can get free golf.

How's that for a f'n career change, eh?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Eh love what I do, make great money but my schedule is getting out of hand. I probably need to hire an attorney to work for me or a second secretary but I hate giving away my money. It's probably silly because I have to flat out turn down some cases now or miss out on getting hired on some because I'm in court so much I don't have time to talk to all the new people.

That's about all my complaints. I guess it's not a bad problem to have but it's draining.

Iamtdg

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I have finally gave up on the oil field and moved back home to be with my wife and kids full time.

I am now a corrections officer working in a youth prison. Started about 2 weeks ago. And part time bartending at a country club so I can get free golf.

Holy crap, man. Congrats. You at least now get to spend more time with your family.

boozeman

Administrator
Staff member
I said...I got turned in on an Ethics Case today.

boozeman

Administrator
Staff member

OMG

Yeah!

boozeman

Administrator
Staff member
I probably need to hire an attorney to work for me or a second secretary but I hate giving away my money. It's probably silly because I have to flat out turn down some cases now or miss out on getting hired on some because I'm in court so much I don't have time to talk to all the new people.

That's about all my complaints. I guess it's not a bad problem to have but it's draining.
Hey, I will work cheap...got my paralegal certificate about 20 years ago.

boozeman

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, I'll bite. Why?
The way my office is structured is that I have two Area Managers. So one of them flaked out and transferred, the other one is loyal since I brought her with me from our last job.

So one of the positions have been vacant and in a way on purpose, I wanted to hire the right one.

Meanwhile, I had our GM breathing down my neck to hire someone, so she basically picked the runt of the litter which was really full of runts.

I hated her interview, she kept saying "etcetera" over and over again.

Then my Divisional HR Manager gets involved and excited since she is "diverse".

So this broad starts and basically is a basket of nerves and completely overwhelmed. She is one of these button down types, consumed with order. In other words, she is in the wrong fucking field.

Anyways, the whole complaint she has against me is that I touched her inadvertantly reaching around her shoulder trying to type in her password because she literally was so wired that she couldn't type.

But yep, I am now a sexual harasser.

bbgun

resident pariah
We need to know her age and scale of attractiveness.

Iamtdg

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
The way my office is structured is that I have two Area Managers. So one of them flaked out and transferred, the other one is loyal since I brought her with me from our last job.

So one of the positions have been vacant and in a way on purpose, I wanted to hire the right one.

Meanwhile, I had our GM breathing down my neck to hire someone, so she basically picked the runt of the litter which was really full of runts.

So this broad starts and basically is a basket of nerves and completely overwhelmed. She is one of these button down types, consumed with order. In other words, she is in the wrong fucking field.

Anyways, the whole complaint she has against me is that I touched her inadvertantly reaching around her shoulder trying to type in her password because she literally was so wired that she couldn't type.

Well, that's stupid. Sounds like she doesn't have shit.

boozeman

Administrator
Staff member
I hope not, brother. That would be bullshit if they do.
I think my GM has my ass, but I am not completely sure. She did say she was surprised she was so "sensitive".

I have not brought up that this twat opened up the case because of course, it has to be confidential.

The whole thing was fucking weird. Hired her. Her training sucked. She sucked. Sent her away for a week to another facility down in Atlanta just to get her the fuck away from me and perhaps have the calm environment she thought she was entitled to.

Then she resigns via email, to my staff, not me. I found out about it when one of my clerks told me.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member

wth that’s sort of scary to me. Too bad we can’t be human in the workforce anymore. I assume that folks around me simply trust that I have good intentions.

So what now? What’s the next steps for this situation?

boozeman

Administrator
Staff member
wth that’s sort of scary to me. Too bad we can’t be human in the workforce anymore. I assume that folks around me simply trust that I have good intentions.

So what now? What’s the next steps for this situation?
Now, I wait for the notorious slow Corporate Ethics team to do whatever it is they do.

Top Bottom