Redskins at Cowboys | Week 6 Game Day Chatter Thread | 10/13/2013

superpunk

Banned
Of course he can and probably will improve.

That being said, we've also seen this story before. Even taking into account likely improvement, what he's shown on the field so far makes him look like he's going to improve into an Anthony Fasano.

Who is a player I very much like and stood up for on many occasions. But simply put that is not good enough return on a second round pick.
No and if that's all he ever does here then that will suck. It's still completely fucking moronic to be making these snap judgments already. So 4 years from now you can go "called it" and noone gives a shit anyhow?

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
If Wilcox and BW land that makes this a really good draft. Just one with a single, inexplicably stupid pick. Most good drafts have at least one crap first day selection: Kevin Burnett (2005), Al Johnson (2003). That's all our good drafts this decade, but you get my point.
Burnett was a good enough pick. Hugging vets and overreaction to small training camp dings kept us from using him. He's been starting since he left.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It could be that Escobar was a bad pick in the 2nd round and the Jerry apologist is wrong yet again.
If he turns out to be a bad pick then we will all join in with the castration chorus. The biggest gripe is with him is the position he was chosen. He may well turn out to be a player in time.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
No and if that's all he ever does here then that will suck. It's still completely fucking moronic to be making these snap judgments already. So 4 years from now you can go "called it" and noone gives a shit anyhow?
Like the homers won't crow four years from now if he turns out to be the real deal?

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
If he turns out to be a bad pick then we will all join in with the castration chorus. The biggest gripe is with him is the position he was chosen. He may well turn out to be a player in time.
Also he fits a pattern of wasted picks.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Also he fits a pattern of wasted picks.
Notwithstanding the position of the pick or the presumed ineptness of the GM for making the choice, let the player be judged on his performance. Position of pick choices are academic after a point in time.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Notwithstanding the position of the pick or the presumed ineptness of the GM for making the choice, let the player be judged on his performance. Position of pick choices are academic after a point in time.
That fact that he's slow as hell and can't block doesn't help either.

Also he was picked in order to allow us to play an offensive scheme that's a bad idea and that we wasted a lot of the offseason trying to implement, again. Regardless of the player, and whether he might have been good on another team, wasting picks trying to put in a 2 TE offense that continues not to work is stupid.

Carl

RIP Brother
We have drafted better since Garrett was involved in the process. So, I will take a wait and see approach on Escobar and the others.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Scott Zolak's "Unicorns! Show ponies! Where's the beef!!" call on the Brady TD was hilarious.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
That fact that he's slow as hell and can't block doesn't help either.

Also he was picked in order to allow us to play an offensive scheme that's a bad idea and that we wasted a lot of the offseason trying to implement, again. Regardless of the player, and whether he might have been good on another team, wasting picks trying to put in a 2 TE offense that continues not to work is stupid.
It's his rookie year.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It is Williams' rookie year too. Funny he's actually flourishing.
Some are quicker to catch on. Escobar may not work out but my point Is he hasn't had enough exposure to label him a success or failure at this point. That's my take anyway.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I'd like to see Richardson do something...I thought it was a great move to get him, but not much so far. Maybe he is just average...I don't think so, but we'll see.

data

Forbes #1
Escobar will only warrant his 2nd round status if he takes over Witten, which wouldn't be for another 2 to 3 years.

Escobar, or any TE, can't warrant a 2nd round status as a 2nd TE.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Escobar will only warrant his 2nd round status if he takes over Witten, which wouldn't be for another 2 to 3 years.

Escobar, or any TE, can't warrant a 2nd round status as a 2nd TE.
You warrant that selection if you are dynamic...he isn't.

data

Forbes #1
There are commercials that turn you off to their product and Delta faucets succeeded.

Top Bottom