Must See Movies

Smitty

DCC 4Life
What's the best place to catch deals for streaming movies? Vudu? Moviesanywhere? Amazon? Apple?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
What's the best place to catch deals for streaming movies? Vudu? Moviesanywhere? Amazon? Apple?
Deals? I wouldn't say any of them are different for new releases. Vudu has crap movies discounted sometimes. Amazon every now and then will have cheaper well known movies but they are usually pretty old.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Are you looking for new releases or just movies in general?

Peacock's basic service is free and comes with a pretty good library of movies.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Correct.

Bad thing is there is no resource to watch movies like that. Hey being honest I am not paying premium for nostalgia.
Yeah I'm with ya, we have Amazon and Netflix and if it isn't on there free then fuck it

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Are you looking for new releases or just movies in general?

Peacock's basic service is free and comes with a pretty good library of movies.
Like, I wanted to go buy Indiana Jones today, maybe either the complete collection or just Raiders of the Lost Ark and Last Crusade.

Both were 16.99 everywhere I looked on all the streaming sites.

I feel like, come on, maybe not whenever I snap my fingers, but there should be a place that sells older movies like, for $4.99, $6.99, something like that, or at least has a good rotation of sales. There have to be literally thousands of good movies from the 60s, 70s, 80s, and 90s floating around out there that could be good buys for cheap if I wasn't being charged nearly twenty god damn dollars.

The movie industry is such a bag of dusty old cunts. Video games frequently slash they prices after as little as a year. You see retail on release $60 games being cut as much as 80% sometimes after a year or two.

I can't get a thirty-plus year old movie for under ten bucks?

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Another mini rant: I am positive I purchased the Good the Bad and the Ugly on one of my streaming sites at one point. Not sure if it was Apple, MoviesAnywhere, Vudu, Google, or Amazon. But I'm sure of it.

It's no where to be found anymore in any of my libraries.

Some cursory research indicates that when you "purchase," a streaming movie, it's still subject to all their fucking shady ass licensing deals and a studio can still pull out whenever they fucking want leaving you high and dry. A movie can disappear off your "owned," list.

Moral: Buy physical media still. These fuckers will keep these movies on a platform just long enough until they need another yacht and then they will terminate the deal and make you "buy," it again.

The first sale doctrine desperately needs to be applied to digital media.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Like, I wanted to go buy Indiana Jones today, maybe either the complete collection or just Raiders of the Lost Ark and Last Crusade.

Both were 16.99 everywhere I looked on all the streaming sites.

I feel like, come on, maybe not whenever I snap my fingers, but there should be a place that sells older movies like, for $4.99, $6.99, something like that.

The movie industry is such a bag of dusty old cunts. Video games frequently slash they prices after as little as a year. You see retail on release $60 games being cut as much as 80% sometimes after a year or two.

I can't get a thirty-plus year old movie for under ten bucks?
I can't help you there. It is weird that those movies are still kind of pricey. Those are the type of movies that should be in the $5 bin at Walmart.

There's always the illegal pirating route. A good VPN and bit torrent could solve all your problems. :lol

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I can't help you there. It is weird that those movies are still kind of pricey. Those are the type of movies that should be in the $5 bin at Walmart.

There's always the illegal pirating route. A good VPN and bit torrent could solve all your problems. :lol
The old school entertainment industry is just like Wall Street, a bunch of rich old fucks who literally don't give two shits about people, only protecting their mega profits.

Not saying the video game industry is MUCH better, but they at least understand that if a game is over a couple years old, I'm no longer paying full price for it.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Dude, I, or I mean a buddy of mine, used to download the shit out of some torrents.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
How can the old guys from the barber shop still be alive in the Coming to America sequel?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
How can the old guys from the barber shop still be alive in the Coming to America sequel?
Are you being serious right now?

Top Bottom