Must See Movies

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Then I am still trying to figure out how you have issue with the barber shop people.

They were old as fuck in the first movie. 33 years have passed. By all rights, they should be dead.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

They were old as fuck in the first movie. 33 years have passed. By all rights, they should be dead.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I mean, it's a comedy it's not shakespeare. As long as the explanation is either funny or remotely plausible it's fine. The movie is already ridiculous. That gives them a lot of leeway.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I'm not really into movies, but I liked the recent justice league series. Except aquaman, that guy is super annoying. Seems like a lot of people think they have to say that if it isn't Marvel, it has to suck.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I'm not really into movies, but I liked the recent justice league series. Except aquaman, that guy is super annoying. Seems like a lot of people think they have to say that if it isn't Marvel, it has to suck.
I wished they would succeed but all but the first Wonder Woman have left me disappointed. I wont watch them anymore.

Well, I will say this list starts with the Affleck Batman. I did enjoy the Bale Batman series but it doesnt feel like the same Justice League stuff.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
The Bale Batman series is by far the best. Better than anything else DC has done and better than anything Marvel has done for that matter.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Yeah, I'll still watch Dark Knight Returns sometimes. Just good all the way around.

I actually think Affleck is fine as Batman. He's kind of a joke in real life for whatever reason, but I've seen a lot worse depictions of Batman. They did Superman almost perfectly, I think... he's a hard character to get right with as much as he can do. And the Flash guy was funny. The thing they really got horribly wrong was that Lex Luthor guy... not sure what the director or the actor was thinking. It's like he thought he was playing the Joker.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
I wished they would succeed but all but the first Wonder Woman have left me disappointed. I wont watch them anymore.

Well, I will say this list starts with the Affleck Batman. I did enjoy the Bale Batman series but it doesnt feel like the same Justice League stuff.
Shazam was pretty good as well

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Since movies suck so hard right now, I have decided to dig back into the Amazon and Netflix offerings for movies in the past that I haven't watched in a while (or even never since original viewing).

Watched Murphy's Law last night going to sleep. Classic sleeze Charlie Bronson at the end of his career.

Now watching Warlock (1989).

I don't remember it being a great movie, but then I watch the first few minutes and it has a Jerry Goldsmith soundtrack.

The music can make a movie. Now I know why it was memorable as something to watch again.

Last edited:
Top Bottom