Must See Movies

D

Deuce

I like Patty Jenkins overall, but thought she did poorly with WW. The effects really bothered me at times, like at the end when she got her powers back and started running fast. It just looked fake.

Not the confidence level I was hoping to have in her since she got a SW property.

DontCryWolfe

DCC 4Life
I like Patty Jenkins overall, but thought she did poorly with WW. The effects really bothered me at times, like at the end when she got her powers back and started running fast. It just looked fake.

Not the confidence level I was hoping to have in her since she got a SW property.
Agreed. The first one was good, WW84 was just a jumbled, incoherent mess. As a huge fan of the Rogue Squadron games and lore, this does leave me pretty concerned.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I blame that on budget, which we know had to be conservative given the potential box office, which is basically zero.

Overall, it was not a good movie. The budget doesn't excuse a poor script and overall story. It was crap that didn't even live up to its own title.

And get used to it. Lower budgets, less risk. And using franchises to make what they can on name alone through streaming services.

There is a real reason why there are a shit ton of Marvel and Star Wars projects being named.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Soul is a really really good movie.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Yes this a blatant John Wick ripoff but I'm still going to see a bad ass Bob Odenkirk

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I was watching There's Something About Mary this evening and that movie still holds up incredibly well, IMO.

It's probably in my top 5 comedy films of all time. I wonder if people 22 y/o and under would appreciate it.

I noticed that my kids and nephews like a lot of shows and movies from the 90s but they're really not into any of the 80s stuff. Maybe1989 is the cutoff for the age group.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I was watching Something About Mary this evening and that movie still holds up incredibly well, IMO.

It's probably in my top 5 comedy films of all time. I wonder if people 22 y/o and under would appreciate it.

I noticed that my kids and nephews like a lot of shows and movies from the 90s but they're really not into any of the 80s stuff. Maybe1989 is the cutoff for the age group.
I watched Weird Science with 3 of my daughters a few nights ago. (21,18, and 15) Every time I would bust out laughing, they would look at me with a little side-eye. Maybe throw out a stifled little chuckle to just humor me.

Fucking uncouth savages.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I watched Weird Science with 3 of my daughters a few nights ago. (21,18, and 15) Every time I would bust out laughing, they would look at me with a little side-eye. Maybe throw out a stifled little chuckle to just humor me.

Fucking uncouth savages.
Mine are 22 and 19 and the only 80s movie that they really like is Coming to America. They didn't like any of the John Hughes movies like Ferris Bueller. But they're all over the stuff from the 90s. Saved By the Bell, Friends, Martin, etc.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Mine are 22 and 19 and the only 80s movie that they really like is Coming to America. They didn't like any of the John Hughes movies like Ferris Bueller. But they're all over the stuff from the 90s. Saved By the Bell, Friends, Martin, etc.
Yeah, I don't get it. The 80s had some all-timer movies. And my kids just don't relate to them. But they eat that cheesy 90s shit up.

But strangely enough, they all loooove my 60s, 70s, and 80s classic rock. Especially my 18 year old. She is an 80s hair metal rocker.

At least I'm not a complete failure as a dad, I guess.

data

Forbes #1
WW84: Any opportunity to stare at Gal Gadot is thumbs up. I eagerly await WW94

Soul: Solid, but not as good as Inside Out

90s Movies for the kids: Heat, Shawshank, Silence of the Lambs, Copycat

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
For those with kids...name a movie you had to watch over and over and you appreciated instead of resented.

Mine was Shrek.

I watched this fucking movie over and over, but it didn't get annoying.

I pretty much can quote the whole damn movie.

Last edited:

Cotton

Staff member
For those with kids...name a movie you had to watch over and over and you appreciated instead of resented.

Mine was Shrek.

Shrek is a good one. I love that movie. I can watch it a lot.

I can't think of others I didn't resent, but let me drop a quick list of those I do resent...

1. Lion King (first kid)
2. Frozen (second kid)
3. That's the list

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

Mine was Shrek.

While I dont have kids I still watch them. Movies for kids that is.

I can watch any of the Kung Fu Panda movies, Shreks, Elf, Jungle Book, Disney version of Robin Hood. Probably more but thats what comes to mind at the moment.

Cotton

Staff member
My daughter has decided she loves Adam Sandler. This has allowed me to enjoy a bunch of older movies again. She loves them all. I love her face.

We have watched a bunch of movies I had never planned to rewatch, but had a lot of fun doing so.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
My daughter has decided she loves Adam Sandler. This has allowed me to enjoy a bunch of older movies again. She loves them all. I love her face.

We have watched a bunch of movies I had never planned to rewatch, but had a lot of fun doing so.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

So, you gonna let her listen to Sandler's 'The Talking Goat'? Pretty rough language... Probably not a good idea. :art

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

Mine was Shrek.

I can't think of anything that I didn't grow to pretty much hate.

The big one for my kid was the smurfs. Probably watched it a million times.

It's been a couple years since he watched it and he doesn't really remember it now.

But I remember it. :oops:

Luckily he's just now getting into Star Wars. We're in the middle of a marathon and it's awesome watching it through his eyes.

Cotton

Staff member
So, you gonna let her listen to Sandler's 'The Talking Goat'? Pretty rough language... Probably not a good idea. :art
I didn't say we are going to watch ALL of Adam Sandler's stuff. :lol

Top Bottom