Must See Movies

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
anybody see this? crazy as fuck.

View attachment 691000
Just watched this on Prime.

This very well could be the worst movie I have ever seen in my life. Do not watch this unless you just want to watch shit. It was awful. Terrible acting, terrible premise, and terrible presentation. I can't overstate how bad this movie is.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Just watched this on Prime.

This very well could be the worst movie I have ever seen in my life. Do not watch this unless you just want to watch shit. It was awful. Terrible acting, terrible premise, and terrible presentation. I can't overstate how bad this movie is.
I said it was crazy (esp the ending), not "great." Disagree about the acting. That mother-son showdown at dinner was tense as shit.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I said it was crazy (esp the ending), not "great." Disagree about the acting. That mother-son showdown at dinner was tense as shit.
It's funny, the reviews of the movie are either 5 stars or one star. People either love it or despise it. Kind of funny.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
It's funny, the reviews of the movie are either 5 stars or one star. People either love it or despise it. Kind of funny.
It was gawd awful. Those giving it 5 stars must be 7 years old.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
Don't know how I feel about C2A-2 but I'm sure I'll watch

I'll never forget where I was when I saw the first one. I had just graduated from college, sold everything I had and took off on an around the world trip/adventure. I was in Belgium with a buddy who was traveling with me and we were watching it in a small theater in Brussels. As we watched the movie, I kept leaning over to my buddy saying I think that old man is Eddie Murphy and that Barber is Arsenio, same with several other characters.

He was adamant I was wrong, so much so, it was strange why he was so dead set it wasn't them, it made me doubt what I was seeing. So I stayed after and watched the credits to see if my suspensions would be confirmed but my friend took off and didn't want to wait. Sure enough, character after character turned out to be Murphy and/or Arsenio so when I caught up to him outside the theater, I said hey man, the credits are showing they were playing all those other parts too, wasn't that amazing?

He says I don't care what the credits said, Eddie Murphy & Arsenio were NOT playing any other parts and storms off leaving me think WTF just happened?!?!?

I was floored, why go to war over this? I let it go but came away realizing it doesnt matter how much truth and evidence you present, some people will deny the truth as if their lives depended upon it. I still give him shit about it to this day but he claims not to remember

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
yeah, haven't seen anything above three stars. was Reagan in it or did they pretend he didn't exist?

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Wonder Woman 1984 was just okay.
I'll be checking it out later tonight after the Mavs-Lakers game finishes.

A lot of people weren't too impressed with the first Wonder Woman but I thought it was pretty good. Out of the DC movies, I rank it behind the 3 Christian Bale Batman movies.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'll be checking it out later tonight after the Mavs-Lakers game finishes.

A lot of people weren't too impressed with the first Wonder Woman but I thought it was pretty good. Out of the DC movies, I rank it behind the 3 Christian Bale Batman movies.
The first WW movie was classically decent.

This one? Eh.

Especially since they had plenty of time to get it right.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Booze was right. Wonder Woman was just okay at best.

I thought the movie was too long. Two and half hour long movie and the first hour was slow as hell. They probably could have trimmed 30 minutes off and the plot would have been just fine.

Not really a spoiler but I'll wrap this anyway:

Aside from a cheesy fight scene in the mall very early in the movie, it took about an hour and a half before there was even some "Wonder Woman stuff" (i.e. superhero action) in the movie.

I think this director and movie are going to get a lot of the same criticism that Zack Snyder got for Batman vs Superman. The plot moved along too slow, not enough action, big budget comic movie that largely missed the mark in the fun and entertainment categories. etc.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The plot moved along too slow, not enough action, big budget comic movie that largely missed the mark in the fun and entertainment categories. etc.
It just was not a well-made movie. Poorly scripted, very little in terms of excitement and even the score (which was excellent in the first movie) was crap. They even missed it with the 1984 angle. So much opportunity to get pops for nostalgia, but it never really bothered.

And sorry, Wiig was a poor casting choice.

1bigfan13

Staff member
They even missed it with the 1984 angle. So much opportunity to get pops for nostalgia, but it never really bothered.
This is exactly what I thought of while watching the final 10 minutes or so of the movie. There really was no reason whatsoever to have this movie set in 1984, because as you mentioned, they didn't really bother to play up the 80's angle.

Top Bottom