Michael Bennett?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Rumoured that Boozemans mental state after all these years terrified Andrew Luck.
You are a weird dude, Phyllis.

Cotton

Staff member

Fuck me. :budd

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Jones: 'Boys will better 'utilize' Bennett than Patriots

By Grant Gordon NFL.com
Published: Oct. 26, 2019 at 12:42 p.m.
Updated: Oct. 26, 2019 at 01:04 p.m.

Bye week or not, the Cowboys are going to make some news and they did just that on Thursday when they sent a 2021 seventh-round draft pick to the Patriots in exchange for defensive end Michael Bennett.

Bennett lasted less than half a season in New England, but Cowboys owner Jerry Jones believes Dallas will be the right fit for the pass rusher.

"The scheme that they had him working in up in New England had a lot to do with us being able to trade for him," Jones said on 105.3 The Fan. "Probably didn't utilize what he can bring as much as we will be able to utilize it. Secondly, he likes to play. He wants on that field. And you say, 'Well, duh. Doesn't everybody?' When he's not on the field, he's not as happy as when he can get out there and try to make plays."

Bennett's stay in New England was brief to say the least. He played in six games for the Patriots and was suspended for Week 7. In the season opener, he started and played 37 snaps. Bennett had no tackles or sacks and he never started again for New England and never had as many snaps -- though he did produce 2.5 sacks for the top-ranked defense in the NFL over the next five games.

Set to play for his fourth team in three seasons, Bennett will look to inject some added punch into a pass rush that's been middle of the pack with 17 sacks (17th in the NFL).

"Well, he gives us outstanding position flex in the term of adding some pass rush or some pressure whether it be outside at defensive end or inside at what we call our three-technique, the opposite from the nose guard," Jones said. "He's just an established inside guy."
Clearly, Bennett and the Patriots didn't mesh.

Jones believes the Cowboys and the suddenly much-traveled Bennett are made for each other. Time and production will tell.

"The thing about Michael is he's got a great motor," Jones said. "Boy, he plays with a lot of passion and enthusiasm. It can be said that he's not the same guy once he straps on that helmet as he is when he's away from his helmet. He's really a great personality, a great guy. But, boy, when he gets in that football pads he's after it, now. That's exciting.

"Anyway, this all fits for us."

deadrise

DCC 4Life
"Well, he gives us outstanding position flex in the term of adding some pass rush or some pressure whether it be outside at defensive end or inside at what we call our three-technique, the opposite from the nose guard," Jones said. "He's just an established inside guy."

That's Jerry, reading from notes the coaching staff gave him, trying so, so hard to sound like a football guy.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
Our best hope is that Richard knows the player and can help get the most of him.
I read somewhere that apparently Bennett really likes Richard. The front 4 scheme should be pretty similar to what they did in Seattle too.

He was a little older than I like to see but it was a very low risk/low cost trade. He had a good year for Philly last yr too. Might end up paying off for us this year. He's definitely a bettr pass rusher than Crawford was, and he comes with a mean streak on the field that our D lacks.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
I'm trying to picture the culture shock for Bennett. Going from a team where the HC rarely smiles, has a lock on everything, sees everything, and doesn't give a shit whether you like him or not. To a team where the HC thinks he's a camp counselor whose job it is to grin and clap a lot.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

I'm quite sure he endorsed him to get the deal done.

Cotton

Staff member

deadrise

DCC 4Life

"Don't worry Jason, he'll be fine. He's got an independent streak, that's all. He just needs a strong hand. He'll be a great player in your system," said the Spider to the Fly.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
:lol No kidding.

What a transparent attempt by the DMN reporter to sell Bennett to the fanbase.

And even more, to sell Garrett. "Did you guys see that? The GOAT coach has personal conversations with Jason Garrett!"

Top Bottom