Michael Bennett?

dbair1967

DCC 4Life

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Awesome deal, he's a borderline Pro Bowl caliber player and there's no risk involved given his contract and the compensation involved. He could be a terror as an interior pass-rusher next to Lawrence/Quinn on the edge.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Can’t say I’m crazy about the trade, but there’s probably not much argument Bennett would be the best interior lineman on the roster when he steps on the field.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Yeah this is a good move. Assuming Bennett is happy with the move.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He whipped a pretty shitty OL there.

GShock

DCC 4Life
Reading between the lines, but Bennett is Crawford's replacement and necessary because Hill is not ready.

I thought Hill was Collins’ replacement.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
This is basically a confession that Hill is a fucking liability.

At least they didn't stubbornly stick to their guns like they usually do.
Good point. I haven't given up on the kid but he needs a year in the weight room and we'll see if he improves. I wish our OL McGovern could get healthy. We could use him for the stretch.

GShock

DCC 4Life
Low pay, high upside. Provided Tank, Lee, Jaylon, and Dak are chemo enough to keep the locker room cancer free-ish (winning will help), this is a surprisingly decent football move.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Low pay, high upside. Provided Tank, Lee, Jaylon, and Dak are chemo enough to keep the locker room cancer free-ish (winning will help), this is a surprisingly decent football move.
If this guy can come in and poison the well, they weren't strong enough to begin with.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Can't win much more than NE and it didn't help there.

Dude is a piece of shit and I want him far away from this team.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Alright Jerry, how about a safety?
I am more about a real DT. Could Atkins be shaken loose for a 4th or something? I don't know, but that would be a bigger acquisition than a player that might play more than the rest of this year. I am not convinced he is a guy that really wants to play. So we basically traded a pick to rent the guy for half a season hoping he plays with a fiery attitude.

Here is the thing. We have the Patriots with a defense that is approaching historic levels. They felt they didn't need him.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
I am more about a real DT. Could Atkins be shaken loose for a 4th or something? I don't know, but that would be a bigger acquisition than a player that might play more than the rest of this year. I am not convinced he is a guy that really wants to play. So we basically traded a pick to rent the guy for half a season hoping he plays with a fiery attitude.

Here is the thing. We have the Patriots with a defense that is approaching historic levels. They felt they didn't need him.
I'm fine with another DT but that's a pipe dream. Much like this team spending resources on a safety...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'm fine with another DT but that's a pipe dream. Much like this team spending resources on a safety...
This is basically it for the Cowboys in terms of the trade market.

He is big enough of a name to keep people off Teh J's ass.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Eh for a 7th round pick I don’t care if they traded for Adolph Hitler if he can produce
Agreed. They guy is a major douchebag. But if he can come in and provide quality snaps and help improve the defense, I'm fine with this trade.

Top Bottom