Michael Bennett?

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
i can understand duplicate posts, but these were half an hour apart.

boozeman , I'm concerned.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
They dropped Justin Hamilton to make room.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
Imagine how pissed we'd be if Jeff Heath kept Juan Thornhill on the bench though.
Zoners and many others keep creaming their pants over Thornhill, but has anyone ACTUALLY seen him play and do anything good? Because his stat line is pretty damn pedestrian: 25 tackles, no tackles for loss, ) forced fumbles, 2 passes defensed and 1 pick.

Heath's stat line is actually better. More tackles, more TFL's and twice as many passes defensed.

And NO, I am not saying Heath is a better player than Thornhill.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
Its hard to imagine having two DE's on the same team that are both in the top-5 in double team %. This shows you really how poor performing the middle of our DL has been.

[h=1]Seth Walder ESPN Analytics [/h] One reason why the Cowboys may have wanted to bring in Michael Bennett? Robert Quinn and DeMarcus Lawrence *both* rank in the top 5 in double team rate among edge rushers, according to ESPN pass rush metrics powered by NFL Next Gen Stats. Though mostly thought of as a defensive end, Bennett actually played defensive tackle on 81 of his 130 defensive snaps this season.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Well, for one, he falsely claimed a cop beat him down. Turns out it did not happen (there is video), so he filed a false report. That alone to me makes him a POS.
He also said it happened because he was black and accused the whole Dept of racism

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
I've noticed a lot of you are assuming we let Collins walk. I think he's a solid player. Hate to see him go, not knowing if Hill can be at least as effective as Collins.
Not to mention we know dang well Jerry and crew wouldn't take one of the top DT's in the upcoming draft, even if the opportunity presents itself.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Zoners and many others keep creaming their pants over Thornhill, but has anyone ACTUALLY seen him play and do anything good? Because his stat line is pretty damn pedestrian: 25 tackles, no tackles for loss, ) forced fumbles, 2 passes defensed and 1 pick.

Heath's stat line is actually better. More tackles, more TFL's and twice as many passes defensed.

Thornhill - targeted 8 times, 3 completions in 477 snaps played
Heath - targeted 28 times, 21 completions in 436 snaps played

Maybe Heath has more tackles and passes defended because he's picked on more...just sayin

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Maybe Heath has more tackles and passes defended because he's picked on more...just sayin
He could have just as many picks if not more if he looked for the damn ball. Plus Heath plays closer to the los to get the tackles and tfls. You're not going to get those playing deep safety.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
He could have just as many picks if not more if he looked for the damn ball.
Yep, especially since he is targeted so much more by opposing oc's :art

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

But then there is the Heath Hustle factor. He is all out and he does have a motor. Heaths size, speed and hustle goes a long way in the position he plays. His weak point has always been his lack of pure instinct and he sometimes gets off a step slow because of it but he recovers very well.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
But then there is the Heath Hustle factor. He is all out and he does have a motor. Heaths size, speed and hustle goes a long way in the position he plays. His weak point has always been his lack of pure instinct and he sometimes gets off a step slow because of it but he recovers very well.
I will agree. Heath does go all out, which causes him to take terrible angles which a lot of times causes big plays by the opposing offenses.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life

If true, pretty amazing.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I will agree. Heath does go all out, which causes him to take terrible angles which a lot of times causes big plays by the opposing offenses.
That’s the lack of instinct factor. He sometimes makes a primary move in the wrong direction because he is looking for the ball. An instinct player reacts on the flow of people in the secondary area and goes to the direction the ball will likely go.

Top Bottom