Giants Stuff…

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
I'm not thinking about the right now. I'm thinking about retooling a team. That may mean taking a couple of lumps and playing the not ideal lineup to make sure we are better for the future. If we think we have our future franchise LT on the team, you leave his ass there. Do not risk moving him around and stunting his development, especially with him playing very well.

Cotton

Staff member
Right, because we have soooooo much potential to go far this season so maximizing the here and now is vital.
Yep, your QB1 is out for an extended period. Be realistic and hope for a great season, but at the same time do the smarter thing for the future.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I'm not thinking about the right now. I'm thinking about retooling a team. That may mean taking a couple of lumps and playing the not ideal lineup to make sure we are better for the future. If we think we have our future franchise LT on the team, you leave his ass there. Do not risk moving him around and stunting his development, especially with him playing very well.

Yep. And of course the other thing is, we're already ok with Tyler at LT and Farniok / McGovern at LG.

So keeping Tyler at LT and inserting Peters at LG isn't likely to hurt us even if it's not our "maximum" lineup. Meanwhile we're training our future LT on the job. Seems like a no brainer to me.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Plus, as much potential as Tyler has at guard, he wasn't beating out McGovern by much if at all there. And with only 10 days prep when Tyron got hurt, he's played very well at LT. What if he's just more comfortable at his college position? What if moving him yet again to G messes him up?

I get the appeal of moving him inside again, but I think either way is fine. Peters would be 5X the guard Farniok is also.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
It's very clear Tyron is approaching the end, but let him be expensive swing tackle when he comes back.

Tyler deserves his shot and he's proving plenty capable so far.

If Tyron recovers, I'd pull Steele with a quickness. 77 going back where he started.

Cotton

Staff member
It's very clear Tyron is approaching the end, but let him be expensive swing tackle when he comes back.

If Tyron recovers, I'd pull Steele with a quickness. 77 going back where he started.
Can you imagine having Tyron f'ing Smith as a swing tackle? It would be amazing to have that luxury.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
if Tyron returns in December, and we're still alive for a playoff spot, what's the plan? move Tyler back to guard? move Tyler to right tackle? tell Tyron "tough luck"?
I have some doubts that he does return.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Hear here

p1_

DCC 4Life

Tyron don't wanna play on the right side, Im thinking. If thats the look, he probably just say "fuck it" and retire.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Tyron don't wanna play on the right side, Im thinking. If thats the look, he probably just say "fuck it" and retire.
He played RT in college...

But gosh imagine if you could go Tyler, Peters, Biadiasz, Martin and Tyron. That may be a fun line to watch. Just saying.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Adding Ojulari and maybe Thibodeaux (both likely on snap counts) while losing Williams, so probably a net neutral impact there. Later in that article Evan Neal talks about Parsons "putting his pants on one leg at a time", etc., interesting to see him getting the Jordan treatment 2 games into his second season.

Top Bottom