Dak Watch Thread...

p1_

DCC 4Life
Yeah along those lines. May or may not be plausible. Depends on his attitude and possible hands. My bottom line thoughts are that he probably has to big an ego to consider it if offered.
yeah, he aint about to change now. Die is cast it seems.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
This is a classic case of the stats not telling the whole story.

I've said this plenty of times but I'll say it once more -- I like Dak and I believe we can win big with him. I hope we get him signed.

But I do not believe he is an elite passer nor do I think he's worth the numbers that are being thrown out there.

Russell Wilson is an elite passer and I believe he is the best quarterback in the NFC right now. Forget the stats, just go with the eye test. Wilson is just the better passer, period.

He's also played most of his career without any elite offensive weapons and still carried that team to numerous division titles and playoff wins.

So while I like Dak, he is not the player Wilson is regardless of how similar their numbers might be.

Last edited:

Cujo

DCC 4Life

I've said this plenty of times but I'll say it once more -- I like Dak and I believe we can win big with him. I hope we get him signed.

But I do not believe he is an elite passer nor do I think he's worth the numbers that are being thrown out there.

Russell Wilson is an elite pastor and I believe he is the best quarterback in the NFC right now. Forget the stats, just go with the eye test. Wilson is just the better passer, period.

He's also played most of his career without any elite offensive weapons and still carried that team to numerous division titles and playoff wins.

So while I like Dak, he is not the player Wilson is regardless of how similar their numbers might be.

Without a doubt, Wilson has done more with less.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Stats never tell the whole story regarding a player, team, whatever.

If questions, doubts, whatever keep occurring over a broad range of fans there’s obviously a reason, the biggest being Dak is still growing as a player.

He’s been ahead of every growth curve in spite of having sub-par coaching.

He’s not a Rodgers, Brady, or Brees, but so what? Who is? He wasn’t as impactful as Jackson, Mahomes, or Wilson. He was painfully outplayed by Carson Wentz in the most important game of the year.

But look at the company we’re comparing him with (besides Wentz).

That’s where Prescott is headed

data

Forbes #1
Well, it’s moreso the person presenting insufficient/wrong stats. There are stats that show Wilson is a better passer than Prescott, this author didn’t use them.

data

Forbes #1

Without a doubt, Wilson has done more with less.
Whatever your opinion about Prescott is, I think we’re all excited/anticipating to see Prescott’s improvement under the new regime.

Hopefully, improvement is such that it will make Wilson vs Prescott a valid debate. :towel

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Stats never tell the whole story regarding a player, team, whatever.
Careful. I said this same thing in regards to Robert Quinn and DeMarcus Lawrence and some people nearly shit all over themselves.

But, then again... This is in regards to Dak Prescott. So I'm sure in this instance it will be ok.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
That was more the whole team quitting on Garrett than anything
Defense more or less did it’s job holding Philly to 17 and the team was always in the game. Philly’s D wanted it more, Dak was not comfortable, and Cooper wasn’t getting open on the road. Basically the same formula all year vs playoff caliber teams.

This wasn’t the debacle in Green Bay that was Wade Phillips’ last game.

At some point, the players, including Dak, in fact especially Dak, are culpable.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Defense more or less did it’s job holding Philly to 17 and the team was always in the game. Philly’s D wanted it more, Dak was not comfortable, and Cooper wasn’t getting open on the road. Basically the same formula all year vs playoff caliber teams.

This wasn’t the debacle in Green Bay that was Wade Phillips’ last game.

At some point, the players, including Dak, in fact especially Dak, are culpable.
That was the one game I think I never watched last year. Wasn't Dak's throwing shoulder messed up? If that happens next year we will have a workable backup. I certainly would rather have Dalton than Dak with a broken throwing arm.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
That was the one game I think I never watched last year. Wasn't Dak's throwing shoulder messed up? If that happens next year we will have a workable backup. I certainly would rather have Dalton than Dak with a broken throwing arm.
Yea there were a decent amount of drops too, and the play-calling was terrible as well. The Eagles were loaded up to stop the run and we almost never went play action.

Dak didn't play well, I have no clue how much of it was the shoulder, but he certainly had very little to no help from the coaching staff or Cooper.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
I don’t want anything to do with Dak Prescott if he eats up $35mil of the cap every year, and he should never sniff $45mil per.

What was he, 1-6 against teams with a winning record last year? 1-2 in playoffs lifetime?

No thanks.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Yea there were a decent amount of drops too, and the play-calling was terrible as well. The Eagles were loaded up to stop the run and we almost never went play action.

Dak didn't play well, I have no clue how much of it was the shoulder, but he certainly had very little to no help from the coaching staff or Cooper.
We played like dogshit. A poorly coached team with no mentally tough, natural leaders.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I mean...

RkPlayerFromToAVGQBrecCmpAttCmp%YdsTDRateLngIntSkYdsY/AAY/ANY/AANY/AAttYdsTDY/ALngRecYdsTDY/RLng
1Donovan McNabb1999201113816798-62-13170537459.03727623485.69111741026266.96.835.995.896163459295.6545-70-1.43
2Dak Prescott20162019606440-24-01363207165.8157789797.090361368267.67.776.776.922411221215.142000

Top Bottom