Dak Watch Thread...

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The team should be low-key gauging what sort of trade market exists for Dak, if a team like Jacksonville or Carolina is willing to give you two 1's and change I'd take it and run, presuming he's pushing for more than 35/year.

We can go 10-6 with Dalton and with our offensive talent and proper coaching who knows what could happen in the playoffs?

Shit ass Tennessee was up by 10 a few minutes from halftime at Kansas City in the AFC Championship with Ryan Tannehill at QB.

And if we don't we're in prime position to potentially move up for Lawrence.

Last edited:

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
How much of that is revenue from tickets and how much is other stuff like TV contracts. Just curious how much it's ticket sales that are really driving the salary cap up. Seems like it's more a result of TV contracts and other stuff.
You do realize who ultimately ends up footing those costs?

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
45 million dollars a year. I don't give a damn who you are. Nobody is worth that much.

It's already hard enough for a family of 4 to go to a game. Salaries keep spiraling upwards like this, and the only ones that can afford to go to a game will be rich people. The middle class will be squeezed out. Then, when they stop going to games, the cost will still be passed on to them via TV. The games will become pay per view. And the day that happens, is the last day I will watch the NFL.
Jerry Jones must be earning way more than 45 million then. Not sure how we measure a player's worth, and say no player is worth that when the owner is making far far more. Is Jerry Jones worth whatever he makes per year? I don't know.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You do realize who ultimately ends up footing those costs?
No doubt but that gets spread out over ever growing numbers. Stadium tickets are limited. So you're really stuck raising prices on each ticket to make more money there.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
No doubt but that gets spread out over ever growing numbers. Stadium tickets are limited. So you're really stuck raising prices on each ticket to make more money there.
Could make a case for that being worse... having non-football watchers subsidize something they care nothing about.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
I'm trying to start a debate... just saying that the entire cost structure of the NFL is/has been getting out of control.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'm trying to start a debate... just saying that the entire cost structure of the NFL is/has been getting out of control.
It appears that way because we look at it and don't understand it.

The way the cap keeps growing is insane. There is a shit ton of money out there.

I fall for it too. But at the end of the day, saying XYZ money four years from now is a lot is just folly.

I do think the Cowboys are being cautious. We still don't know how COVID is going to affect the bottom line.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
The team should be low-key gauging what sort of trade market exists for Dak, if a team like Jacksonville or Carolina is willing to give you two 1's and change I'd take it and run, presuming he's pushing for more than 35/year.
35 per doesn't bother me as much if the term is 5 years.

In the scenario you describe, I think at that point Newton is a much better option as a starter than Dalton. Dalton is purely a backup.

Newton if healthy and well-protected and not asked to run through DL at the goal line is just better.

In Carolina he had nothing but a RB. Little protection, few receiving options. He was rusty and then got hurt. The hard part is being able to rely on socially distant workouts and not actual NFL OTAs to evaluate him.

It's a trade down from Dak, but this guy is out to prove himself

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Jerry Jones must be earning way more than 45 million then. Not sure how we measure a player's worth, and say no player is worth that when the owner is making far far more. Is Jerry Jones worth whatever he makes per year? I don't know.
Jones is worth every penny he earns. The business is his and he is entitled to any amount he chooses without considering whether someone else thinks he shouldn’t get it. That’s the backbone of the nations enetrapruneral system. I doubt any other business owner would have a different opinion. If the employee doesn’t agree with what the owner offers they can leave or refuse to sign an agreement and go own down the road. I understand employee worth via what they contribute but never that the owner doesn’t deserve what the make. Uncle Sam works hard to try to take a stake in peoples businesses and that’s tough enough to manage.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

In the scenario you describe, I think at that point Newton is a much better option as a starter than Dalton. Dalton is purely a backup.

Newton if healthy and well-protected and not asked to run through DL at the goal line is just better.

In Carolina he had nothing but a RB. Little protection, few receiving options. He was rusty and then got hurt. The hard part is being able to rely on socially distant workouts and not actual NFL OTAs to evaluate him.

Sure, I'd be game for it if Dak refuses 35/year, the upside is that if none of it works we have more than enough ammunition to target a QB in the draft next year.

With that said I think 4/140 gets it done tomorrow, so if it were me I'd just give him that and move on.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sure, I'd be game for it if Dak refuses 35/year, the upside is that if none of it works we have more than enough ammunition to target a QB in the draft next year.

With that said I think 4/140 gets it done tomorrow, so if it were me I'd just give him that and move on.
I would too. Again, silly to worry about 5 years down the road. You don't know what things will look like by then.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

Andy Dalton is a better passer now than Cam Newton ever was or will ever be.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Uh...no.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

That's a no from me dawg

Top Bottom