Dak Watch Thread...

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
McNabb had one of the best offensive minds in the league organizing the offense he played in his entire tenure win Philadelphia, make of that what you will.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I'd say he was on a par with prime McNappy.
McNabb's accuracy was bad and he had a propensity to make mistakes at the worst times.

Dak isn't pinpoint accurate either, but he's better in that regard than McNabb and I've always appreciated that he protects the football for the most part.

Lastly, he does have that winning gene where he plays his best at the end of games.

McNabb was anything but clutch.

Last edited:

Sheik

DCC 4Life
I mean...

RkPlayerFromToAVGQBrecCmpAttCmp%YdsTDRateLngIntSkYdsY/AAY/ANY/AANY/AAttYdsTDY/ALngRecYdsTDY/RLng
1Donovan McNabb1999201113816798-62-13170537459.03727623485.69111741026266.96.835.995.896163459295.6545-70-1.43
2Dak Prescott20162019606440-24-01363207165.8157789797.090361368267.67.776.776.922411221215.142000

The only difference I see, is Prescott probably still doesn’t know that you can have a tie game in the NFL because he hasn’t lived through one yet.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
McNabb knew how to get past the divisional round. And not just because he had a "real coach."

lostxn

DCC 4Life
I'd say he was on a par with prime McNappy.
It's not a terrible comparison. McNabb rarely had the tools Dak has pretty much always had save the non-Cooper games year before last. I think McNabb had a much better offensive coordinator though. I think McNabb was probably a little faster, better arm but Dak is brighter.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Gee, so he’s graduating from Quincy 2.0 to McNabb 2.0. How exhilarating.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
It's not a terrible comparison. McNabb rarely had the tools Dak has pretty much always had save the non-Cooper games year before last. I think McNabb had a much better offensive coordinator though. I think McNabb was probably a little faster, better arm but Dak is brighter.
I agree in that it's not a terrible comparison, but I do think Dak is a better QB.

As I said before, Dak just isn't elite. He's good -- on some days he's really good. But he's not the type of QB who makes other players better or can carry an offense all by himself.

But is he better than McNabb? Absolutely.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Holy fucking shit this is retarded, we all agree(except schmidty) Garrett was a cancer we are now ecstatic to be rid of yet yall are blaming Dak for not lifting the team above his subpar coaching. Yall realize Romo in his prime never did it either right?

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Holy fucking shit this is retarded, we all agree(except schmidty) Garrett was a cancer we are now ecstatic to be rid of yet yall are blaming Dak for not lifting the team above his subpar coaching. Yall realize Romo in his prime never did it either right?
I can’t speak for everyone else, but I don’t blame Dak for anything other than trying to get paid like a top 5 QB when he clearly isn’t.

I’m fine with Dak as the starter, especially when the team can put great pieces around him. They can only do that if they have the money to pay the pieces when they need to.

If Dak had the ability to carry the team offensively and make players around him better, I’d have no problem with the asking price. He doesn’t and he can’t. Let his ass walk, trade him, or come to an agreement that makes sense. Just don’t cave.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I can’t speak for everyone else, but I don’t blame Dak for anything other than trying to get paid like a top 5 QB when he clearly isn’t.

I’m fine with Dak as the starter, especially when the team can put great pieces around him. They can only do that if they have the money to pay the pieces when they need to.

If Dak had the ability to carry the team offensively and make players around him better, I’d have no problem with the asking price. He doesn’t and he can’t. Let his ass walk, trade him, or come to an agreement that makes sense. Just don’t cave.
Exactly my position. He needs to take on another level before he can be considered among the elite QB standard in my opinion. I think he just might get there and I was hoping he would last season but in my opinion he didn’t quite make the level.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
We don’t really know what Dak’s side is asking for in the contract talks. All we know is it’s been reported that Dallas wants a longer contract and Dak’s side doesn’t.

McNabb was a playmaker who occasionally had decent offensive support in guys like Brian Westbrook.

He rarely had the WRs or OL he needed.

If Dak were saddled with players like Pinkett and Mitchell and an average OL for years, he wouldn’t be as successful statistically as he is now.

McNabb had to make plays with his feet to compensate. He was consistently the one guy on that offense our defense could not account for. The stats don’t show that, either.

McNabb was not an accurate passer, though when he had anyone to help out, like TO, his numbers would jump.

Dak’s had a spectacular OL, great RB, and great WRs his whole career, minus a few games. His stats took a major dip in those few games, if you’ll recall.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

Exactly this.

This has been my stance all along and I think it's a fair one.

We can win with him, but not just him. He needs pieces around him because he isn't elite.

He's good enough to where I'm confident in having him be the starter for another 7-10 years, but not at top 3 QB money.

If he's always going to need help, his do you get him that help without sacrificing one unit or the other?

He deserves to get paid, but the deal has to make sense and he shouldn't be paid anywhere near what Mahomes is going to make.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Exactly this. And for the Wilson comparisons if Dak had the Legion of Boom on the other side and real coaching he would probably already have seen far more post season success.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
Exactly this. And for the Wilson comparisons if Dak had the Legion of Boom on the other side and real coaching he would probably already have seen far more post season success.

What about with Wilson's shitty receiving crew and below average O line?

Top Bottom