Dak Watch Thread...

langston

Brand New Member
Jerry needs to trade Dak for a draft pick position at #1, #3, #4, and #6 positions #2 (Washington) and #5 (NYG) are out of the question. Draft a QB and you are back on a rookie pay scale. Get a QB in free agency like a Tom Brady, Mathew Stafford ??

Do the same for Amari, trade for a pick in the #15-#20 range and pick up a quality WR and now you have a WR on a rookie pay scale. In this range players like Ceedee Lamb, either WR from Bama should be available.

Now you have a little bit of money to keep a Byron Jones on defense.

Besides Jerry loves himself some money merchandising Brady jerseys.

langston

Brand New Member
Cowboys could use the non-exclusive franchise tag on Dak which would allow every NFL team to negotiate with Dak and then give the Cowboys the right to match any offer sheets or receive 2 first round picks for Dak should the Cowboys decide to not match the offer sheet.

Take a look at Miami #5 pick and #18 should Miami take the deal and take Dak and give the Cowboys the 2 picks is a win win for both teams. Then Cowboys can draft a QB and sign a free agent QB.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
You're overlooking the fact that Jerry & Stephen like Dak, think he's the real deal, and want to reward him.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Jerry needs to trade Dak for a draft pick position at #1, #3, #4, and #6 positions #2 (Washington) and #5 (NYG) are out of the question. Draft a QB and you are back on a rookie pay scale. Get a QB in free agency like a Tom Brady, Mathew Stafford ??

Do the same for Amari, trade for a pick in the #15-#20 range and pick up a quality WR and now you have a WR on a rookie pay scale. In this range players like Ceedee Lamb, either WR from Bama should be available.

Besides Jerry loves himself some money merchandising Brady jerseys.
Welcome to the board. I think those are terrible ideas. But, welcome to the board, regardless.

Cotton

Staff member
Cowboys could use the non-exclusive franchise tag on Dak which would allow every NFL team to negotiate with Dak and then give the Cowboys the right to match any offer sheets or receive 2 first round picks for Dak should the Cowboys decide to not match the offer sheet.

Take a look at Miami #5 pick and #18 should Miami take the deal and take Dak and give the Cowboys the 2 picks is a win win for both teams. Then Cowboys can draft a QB and sign a free agent QB.
Now, this I wouldn't absolutely hate.

langston

Brand New Member
Jerry lovin his players is cool but business is business we the fans are the ones Jerry needs to be lovin. That's where his money is coming from and happy fans are money making fans for the cowboys. This is how I see it grown men playing a kids game and getting paid huge money to play it lol. No hard feelings if they get traded, its all business.

langston

Brand New Member
Giving Dak 35+ million per season for what he provides is money going down the toilet. Getting rid of Dak is best for the team. Trading him for a high first round pick or using the non-exclusive franchise tag is the smart thing to do.

Lets hypothetically say this in this scenario that the cowboys use the non-exclusive tag and teams negotiate with Dak and offers come in in the range below 30M. Who has more leverage now? A player wanting 35+M or the league telling him that you ain't worth that.

Dak is not the answer, he will never take the cowboys to the promise land. His stats from last year are padded stats he had tons of positive numbers against weak teams and sucked vs quality teams.

Cotton

Staff member
Giving Dak 35+ million per season for what he provides is money going down the toilet. Getting rid of Dak is best for the team. Trading him for a high first round pick or using the non-exclusive franchise tag is the smart thing to do.

Lets hypothetically say this in this scenario that the cowboys use the non-exclusive tag and teams negotiate with Dak and offers come in in the range below 30M. Who has more leverage now? A player wanting 35+M or the league telling him that you ain't worth that.

Dak is not the answer, he will never take the cowboys to the promise land. His stats from last year are padded stats he had tons of positive numbers against weak teams and sucked vs quality teams.
There are some here that would agree with you on trading Dak, but I'm just not one of them.

langston

Brand New Member
I firmly believe that Miami would give away 2 first round picks under the non-exclusive tag for a so called established QB like Dak (LOL) and build a team around Dak. Rather than draft a player like Tua and waste a couple seasons waiting to see if he is a NFL bust or not.

Cotton

Staff member
I firmly believe that Miami would give away 2 first round picks under the non-exclusive tag for a so called established QB like Dak (LOL) and build a team around Dak. Rather than draft a player like Tua and waste a couple seasons waiting to see if he is a NFL bust or not.
You don't think he can benefit the Cowboys yet at the same time you also think a team would give 2 firsts for him?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Dak has also been saddled with one of the worst coaches in the league up until now.

langston

Brand New Member
Its like the Hershel Walker trade. Dak is of no use to the Cowboys in the mean time Miami is getting Fools Gold. Dak looks pretty and shiny but Dak ain't no real gold. Let Miami deal with him and be a .500 team for years to come.

Besides if you give Dak all that money, the team gets weaker year after year when the cowboys don't have enough money to keep key positions.

langston

Brand New Member
If the cowboys really wanted to keep Dak he would have gotten a contract during the season. Otherwise Jerry made a bad decision to wait after the season to see players like Mahommes raise the ceiling on QB value. Jerry could have gotten Dak on the cheap had he signed him early or is Jerry pulling petals off the flower …...I want Dak……..I don't want Dak……...I want Dak……….I don't want Dak (LMAO)

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You must really love Jones. That's a lot of tearing the team down to keep a corner who has zero picks for a few seasons now.

You've dismantled the offense in hopes that a couple years from now Tua/Herbert and a rookie WR can become top players at their positions. In the short term WR got worse, QB got worse and the defense got no better.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
And maybe they would. But the Joneses don't have the guts nor inclination to do that. They really really really want to pay him.

But only at whatever dipshit rate/years that Goof Son dug out of his ass.

They are playing a stupid coy game that honestly is a joke.

They have basically shown their cards for two years and now they are shocked that Prescott and his team are calling on them.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Their prioritization is certainly open to questioning.
They are fuckin' retards that think they are smart and everyone else is dumb.

They consistently give away leverage by opening their mouths for the sake of the brand. But fail to understand how that can easily be used as ammunition in negotiations. They have been consistent in saying that Prescott was going to get paid for years. Yet now, they are called to back up the Brinks and they are acting all shocked. It's hilarious, honestly. They have no concept of leverage or the art of negotiating.

Silence is a tool in negotiations. And they. Just. Can't. Do. It.

They also think that deadlines spur actions, which is true, but usually when they do that they blink first.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Dak for 5 and 18 would be a no brainer if Tua is there, I'd even do 5 and their first next year.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Dak for 5 and 18 would be a no brainer if Tua is there, I'd even do 5 and their first next year.
I don't get the Tua thing. I don't see him as being a franchise QB. The injuries are one thing. He also pretty much had an NFL team around him in support.

Unless he goes to a contender and a solid franchise, he is going to be challenged.

Top Bottom