Dak Watch Thread...

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
Because people who cover the NFL have similar loyalties to star players. No one who is buddies with these guys wants to call them out for being in the decline. But some who cover the NFL have pointed out the decline too.
I haven't seen that. Who is saying he's declining?

Brady has never had a star studded cast. He has always done well with guys like Julian Edelman. Who went for 1100 yards this year.
His lone weapon.

He had Harry who was a high draft pick.
Does this make him good? Did the injury?

Phillip Dorsett. Mahamad Sanu.
Two disappointments. How they traded a 2nd for Sanu still boggles me.

Antonio Brown for a game.
For a game? That's indicative of the constant turnover at the position all season.

Josh Gordon for awhile too.
Who did what? There Or in Seattle?

Is it a good supporting cast in my opinion, no.
I'm glad that we can agree.

But I've never thought he had a great supporting cast outside of Gronk and Moss for a year. But he has never looked this bad.
And the supporting cast had never looked worse. Even Gronk was gone, and they never replaced the losses at TE.

That's the point.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I haven't seen that. Who is saying he's declining?

His lone weapon.

Does this make him good? Did the injury?

Two disappointments. How they traded a 2nd for Sanu still boggles me.

For a game? That's indicative of the constant turnover at the position all season.

Who did what? There Or in Seattle?

I'm glad that we can agree.

And the supporting cast had never looked worse. Even Gronk was gone, and they never replaced the losses at TE.

That's the point.

Supporting casts always look worse when the QB plays worse...

As far as media guys recognizing the decline, just google Brady decline and you'll find a million articles about it. Listen to NFL radio on XM and you'll here it every day.

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
Supporting casts always look worse when the QB plays worse...
And all of the receivers you listed aren't very good at this point. Some never were.

As far as media guys recognizing the decline, just google Brady decline and you'll find a million articles about it.

Listen to NFL radio on XM and you'll here it every day.
I actually do listen to Sirius NFL Radio daily, and I honestly have not heard that.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
It's funny because you rip Dak apart for needing a surrounding cast but then blame the surrounding cast for Brady's ineptitude. Dak needs wide open guys according to you. But clearly Brady does too. Brady barely completed 60 percent of his passes. His QB rating was in the 80s. It's funny because Dak does that and in your opinion he is utter shit. Brady does it and he just needs a better surrounding cast.
Funny how that shit works, eh?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
My only concern is the injuries, aside from that he's pretty awesome. The surrounding cast was great but his accuracy and quick release are undeniable, which is especially impressive considering how many deep shots he took, and his arm strength is good enough given the release/accuracy.

I don't love his ability to make plays off schedule outside of the pocket but he's very effective buying time inside the pocket with subtle footwork.

The injuries are a significant concern though, especially given his smallish build. It's not even the hip so much but the fact that he's seemingly constantly nicked up here and there, including getting knocked out of the SEC championship his sophomore year and being hobbled against Clemson in the championship. That's pretty much the only concern I'd have with a move like trading Dak and moving up for Tua because on the field his talent is clear.
The injuries worry me mostly. He is like Baker Mayfield but can run even better and doesn't have the attitude questions. But man those injuries have to worry people. He just can't stay healthy.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I don't get why the Cowboys would want to wait on the new CBA. I get why Cooper or Dak might though. If the cap is going to jump they cam ask for more.
They are almost certainly more privy to the details of the new deal than Dak or Coopers’ agents.

That’s a major advantage

Sheik

DCC 4Life
I wouldn’t trade a Pokémon card for Dak. If I was trying to acquire a qb I mean. I wouldn’t give up a Pokémon card for him and have to pay him.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
They are almost certainly more privy to the details of the new deal than Dak or Coopers’ agents.

That’s a major advantage
I think everyone has a copy now but I would think so. And maybe the increases to the minimum side will eat up the overall raise in cap.

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
I am just amazed at how utterly incompetent the Joneses look at times like this.
And yet they get to do it in a business where you 'can't lose' off the field, even if you do on it. And that's precisely why billionaires would crawl over their own mothers to get in. You don't even have to win a game and you still out half of the cap money in your back pocket, year after year, after year.

Mike Brown runs the Bengals into the ground year after year, does nothing to generate further revenues for the league, and he still cashes that big check.

The Joneses can be total morons too, and still, they can't lose. Stadium is packed, merch flies off the shelves, and the ratings are higher than any other team. They can fuck everything up and they're still untouchable. Must be a nice feeling to wake up every morning knowing that no matter what you do, you'll still be rolling in cash by the end of the night.

data

Forbes #1
Mike Brown runs the Bengals into the ground year after year, does nothing to generate further revenues for the league, and he still cashes that big check.
Shame, too, because they have one of the sickest helmets in football.

Top Bottom