Dak Watch Thread...

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Drew Brees, Russel Wilson... Come on, that's a silly argument. Once a dude is in the NFL where they were drafted literally means nothing in terms of winning a Superbowl.
I said first and second round, and Brees was a second rounder. We spent a decade trying to win with an undrafted free agent; now we're about to repeat history with a 4th rounder. Not smart.

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
Those of you talking about trading him have lost your god damn minds.
If I could ever sign Tom Brady and trade Dak for a 1st round pick or more?

Call me crazy, I would do exactly that. I'd have the greatest quarterback to ever play leading my offense and a 1st round pick-plus to help stock my team further. For the same money.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
If I could ever sign Tom Brady and trade Dak for a 1st round pick or more?

Call me crazy, I would do exactly that. I'd have the greatest quarterback to ever play leading my offense and a 1st round pick-plus to help stock my team further. For the same money.
Did you watch Brady play this year? He was .... not great. No way am I pulling in a 40 year old declining/declined QB for a promising young mobile QB with a new head coach that has molded 2 of the greatest QBs to ever play the game? Yes, I'm calling you crazy.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
That's another reason to jettison Dak. McCarthy has only won with elite talent at QB. That ain't Dak.

Cotton

Staff member
That's another reason to jettison Dak. McCarthy has only won with elite talent at QB. That ain't Dak.
Who do you think turned Favre around and developed Rodgers?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Did you watch Brady play this year? He was .... not great. No way am I pulling in a 40 year old declining/declined QB for a promising young mobile QB with a new head coach that has molded 2 of the greatest QBs to ever play the game? Yes, I'm calling you crazy.
Brady sucked last year. The only way Brady wins anywhere else in the NFL is if Bill and his defense come with him.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Who do you think turned Favre around and developed Rodgers?
1st and 2nd rounder. both had more obvious talent than Dak from the outset. as with Tony, we're gonna spend millions and years trying to turn Dak into something he's not - a championship level QB.

Cotton

Staff member
1st and 2nd rounder. both had more obvious talent than Dak from the outset. as with Tony, we're gonna spend millions and years trying to turn Dak into something he's not - a championship level QB.
You keep getting hung up on draft position. It's not the tell all. People in here talking about how we should get Brady... you now, the 6th rounder.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
You keep getting hung up on draft position. It's not the tell all. People in here talking about how we should get Brady... you now, the 6th rounder.
I already said he was an outlier, and no one thinks Dak will have that type of career. Go look at recent SB results not involving New England. No QB taken later than the third round has won it.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's ridiculous. Like if we just take a guy in the first they will be better than Dak. It's such retarded logic.

Cotton

Staff member
I already said he was an outlier, and no one thinks Dak will have that type of career. Go look at recent SB results not involving New England. No QB taken later than the third round has won it.
Dak has shown me plenty of potential. I'll stay on this ride, thanks.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Dak has shown me plenty of potential. I'll stay on this ride, thanks.
You're not tall enough for this ride. It should be obvious to you by now that the higher you draft a QB, the better your chances for glory. The Chiefs traded up for Mahomes while we stick with our own version of steady-if-unspectacular Alex Smith.

Cotton

Staff member
You're not tall enough for this ride. It should be obvious to you by now that the higher you draft a QB, the better your chances for glory. The Chiefs traded up for Mahomes while we stick with our own version of steady-if-unspectacular Alex Smith.
So, you're good with trading a proven good to great QB in the slim hope you can nail a draft pick? That's really dumb.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Alex Smith was a first rounder which shows what a crapshoot the draft is for qbs

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So, you're good with trading a proven good to great QB in the slim hope you can nail a draft pick? That's really dumb.
So draft a QB than. Let me know which one in this draft you can trade up for who gives you Pat Mahomes vibes. Otherwise this whole conversation is pointless. And oh by the way, the Chiefs sat Mahomes for a year while Alex Smith started so even they weren't retarded enough to dump a good starter until they knew what they had.

The fact that this fourth round pick is a 27 year old top 5-10 QB in the NFL blows this whole retarded theory out of the water.

Top Bottom