Dak Watch Thread...

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Just dumb speculation. We all know that Dak is Jerrys boy. This is the diamond in the trash that Jerry found finally or so he thinks.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Emmitt wasnt taken care of and had to hold out.
Yes he did but the cap has to be considered now and Jones isn’t always predictable. I think however he will not allow this approach to dictate how he decides on contracts as a standard negotiation. As I said earlier the volatile area may be how this makes his determination on others . The organization my lose some good players because every agent will go at him full force and the salary cap will certainly come into play very quickly then. Everyone can’t get top pay for their position. The purse won’t allow it.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Imagine the avalanche of headlines, rumors, and speculation. Reporters would swarm Jerry for quotes. Cameras, lights, microphones -- for weeks on end. Jerry would be ecstatic -- in hog heaven. He would be . . . relevant . . . again.
He would also have a chance to win it all in spite of himself

Again

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
Tom Brady as a Cowboy wearing #12...

Ayuh or feh
Based on the scenario from Irvin's conversation?

Yeah, if I could, I'd tag and trade Dak if I had a deal in place to sign the GOAT for his last remaining years. And then use the draft picks I get for Dak to restock my team and draft Brady's heir apparent, to learn at the feet of the master for a few years before taking over.

I'd consider that a coup.

Rev

Staff member
Holdouts are going to happen from time to time.

Its what happens when you have good players now and they are all going to push the salary cap. Its nothing that hasnt been done before and all agents are going to do the same. Yes, we are going to lose players because thats what happens.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Clarification — ayuh or feh to Brady wearing Roger Staubach’s number 12. Would you be okay with that?
Nope. I don’t want him at all, but I god damn sure don’t want him wearing #12 in a Cowboys uniform.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Holdouts are going to happen from time to time.

Its what happens when you have good players now and they are all going to push the salary cap. Its nothing that hasnt been done before and all agents are going to do the same. Yes, we are going to lose players because thats what happens.
It was good for Smith maybe and it would be good for top tier QBs but Dak isn’t top tier but is pushing the Cap as though he is. Elliot did the same thing but he was top tier at his position. It has to stop somewhere and it probably should be with Dak. Franchise him and prepare for the worst.

p1_

DCC 4Life
It was good for Smith maybe and it would be good for top tier QBs but Dak isn’t top tier but is pushing the Cap as though he is. Elliot did the same thing. It has to stop somewhere and it probably should be with Dak. Franchise him and prepare for the worst.
Elliott has a strong case for top dollar. Daks isn’t nearly as strong

data

Forbes #1
It was good for Smith maybe and it would be good for top tier QBs but Dak isn’t top tier but is pushing the Cap as though he is. Elliot did the same thing but he was top tier at his position. It has to stop somewhere and it probably should be with Dak. Franchise him and prepare for the worst.
Elliott has a strong case for top dollar. Daks isn’t nearly as strong
Not comparable as QB is much more important than RB...

I’d rather have signed Mark Ingram who got 3yrs, $15M from Ravens, and Earl Thomas instead of Zeke. Especially since Pollard’s a keeper.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Rev

Staff member
I think we all worry about the cap too much. It keeps going up and a new CBA is coming. That will probably change some things up as well.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I think we all worry about the cap too much. It keeps going up and a new CBA is coming. That will probably change some things up as well.
All I can say is apparently Jones isn’t all in on Dak or he would have given him a contract already. So if he isn’t all in then he should let this coming season and the new coaches evaluation to advise him after the upcoming season. Jones is positioning himself the same way he did with Garrett. Dak could have to wait one more season to make or break a franchise QB. He may tell him to show me you are the one.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
All I can say is apparently Jones isn’t all in on Dak or he would have given him a contract already. So if he isn’t all in then he should let this coming season and the new coaches evaluation to advise him after the upcoming season. Jones is positioning himself the same way he did with Garrett. Dak could have to wait one more season to make or break a franchise QB. He may tell him to show me you are the one.
You don't offer 33 mil a year over 7 years if you aren't all in. That's just not a correct interpretation. The truth is Jerry is trying to save as many cap dollars as he can and Dak's agent is trying to get him as many dollars as he can. It will get done. Just like Zeke got done.

I just hope Cooper gets done soon too.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Trade him to the Chargers and start over. You almost never win a SB without a first or second rounder at QB. Brady is the outlier, and Dak is not in that stratosphere.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
You don't offer 33 mil a year over 7 years if you aren't all in. That's just not a correct interpretation. The truth is Jerry is trying to save as many cap dollars as he can and Dak's agent is trying to get him as many dollars as he can. It will get done. Just like Zeke got done.

I just hope Cooper gets done soon too.
If That information is correct you might be right but has that info been verified?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Trade him to the Chargers and start over. You almost never win a SB without a first or second rounder at QB. Brady is the outlier, and Dak is not in that stratosphere.
Drew Brees, Russel Wilson... Come on, that's a silly argument. Once a dude is in the NFL where they were drafted literally means nothing in terms of winning a Superbowl.

Top Bottom