Dak: Tony left some big shoes to fill

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
No but what you're saying doesn't make any sense which is why people are questioning it. Like teams didn't watch film on him last year and were like "well shit, better not blitz a rookie, we don't have enough film on him" but than during the off season they are going to determine that a rookie is susceptible to blitzing and start once they aren't a rookie? And by the way, Dak was really good against the blitz last year. Against the Lions for example he was 5 of 7 for 75 yards and a QB rating of 106 against the blitz.
What is there to question? I believe that opponents will be better prepared to deal with Dak this season than they were last season. He surprised everyone last season but that won't happen this season. You are a little ridiculous with your feelings that you think I am somehow insulting Prescott. You don't need to defend him because I haven't said anything negative about him. I have just stated what I think is very obvious. He will not be an unknown this season nor will he be a surprise to anyone. You are acting like a lioness with a cub.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Quick question how many pass-first QBs have regressed from year 1 to year 2?

Because I know for a fact that Russell Wilson, Andrew Luck, Ben Roethlisberger, Matt Ryan, and almost every starting rookie qb in this league has made a big step forward in their sophomore year. So no, apparently having that offseason to watch tape on a guy doesn't help, unless it's an RG 3 type, who's running a gimmick offense.
In the first place there aren't that many rookie seasons to compare into a sophamore season.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
What is there to question. I believe that opponents will be better prepared to deal with Dak this season than they were last season. He surprised everyone last season but that won't happen this season. You are a little ridiculous with your feelings that you think I am somehow insulting Prescott. You don't need to defend him because I haven't said anything negative about him. I have just stated what I think is very obvious. He will not be an unknown this season nor will he be a surprise to anyone. You are acting like a lioness with a cub.
So for example after 14 games last year, you think Dak was surprising teams? I'm not saying your insulting him. Just that you're continuing with the same belief process that you thought would come to fruition last year, were wrong, and are now just pushing the idea that somehow the off season will make Dak perform worse. You were wrong before and I'm simply asking you to justify why you would be correct now?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
So for example after 14 games last year, you think Dak was surprising teams? I'm not saying your insulting him. Just that you're continuing with the same belief process that you thought would come to fruition last year, were wrong, and are now just pushing the idea that somehow the off season will make Dak perform worse. You were wrong before and I'm simply asking you to justify why you would be correct now?
No need to put this on trial. I made a simple statement and it isn't difficult. You are creating dialogue that I haven't said. Why is that? I haven't commented on the upcoming season but some others have. What I said about last year was that playoffs were difficult win with a rookie. Where is it I said Dak would play worse? You need to take stock of what you are saying.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
LT this is what's funny, at no time has anyone on this board actually said anything negative about Dak.

I've railed against Dak's conservative handling by his coaches. You've pointed out that he's young and we should temper expectations.

But there are a few who consistently go out of their way to interpret these as negative diatribes against Dak himself.

I'm furious at the coaches for their conservative start to the playoff game, not at Dak. The same kid who lit the Lions up like kindling disappeared until that strike to Dez. Sacks and penalties ended our drives when we should have been eating up the field in larger chunks and knocking the Pack back on their heels.

That's mostly on the coaches.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
No need to put this on trial. I made a simple statement and it isn't difficult. You are creating dialogue that I haven't said. Why is that? I haven't commented on the upcoming season but some others have. What I said about last year was that playoffs were difficult win with a rookie. Where is it I said Dak would play worse? You need to take stock of what you are saying.
This post certainly made it seem like you thought he would perform worse. After all, if your gut tells you he won't have a banner season again, then you think it will be worse. You didn't say the exact words that Dak would be worse next year but that's certainly what you're stating here.

I sincerely hope Prescott has a banner year again but my gut tells me that he will get things thrown at him this season that he hasn't seen before. His level of experience is still limited so I think it will surface more often. Hopefully the coaching staff will alleviate some of the pressure with a ground game strategy that takes advantage of an opponents aggression.
And again, you said this same stuff all season long last year and were clearly wrong then about Dak as well.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I'll just leave these right here...

:tippytoe
I sincerely hope Prescott has a banner year again but my gut tells me that he will get things thrown at him this season that he hasn't seen before. His level of experience is still limited so I think it will surface more often. Hopefully the coaching staff will alleviate some of the pressure with a ground game strategy that takes advantage of an opponents aggression.
No I am not. I am simply saying that he will have a lot more pressure put on him this year than what he experienced last season. I think it will affect him and his game his sophomore year more so than his rookie year.
I put the loss at the coaches feet because they were too reluctant to turn him loose because he was a rookie. That is a different set of circumstances than the regular season games and nothing to do wih what I am predicting for him this season. I think opponents will be more prepared for him this season and I believe it will have an effect on his game. It's an observation and prediction not a put down of Prescott.
Yes I think Dak will see more pressure this season than what he experienced last season. I am not the only one to think so.
I have assumed nothing except opponents will be better prepared to put pressure on him. It is a common occurance in the NFL. The More you know about a player the better opportunity you have to plan and script for them. Why is that such a blasphemous statement. By most opinions it will be hard for Prescott performance to get better than what he posted . I take nothing away from that and think he will be better but the fact remains opponents will be better prepared to defend him this season.
What is there to question? I believe that opponents will be better prepared to deal with Dak this season than they were last season. He surprised everyone last season but that won't happen this season. You are a little ridiculous with your feelings that you think I am somehow insulting Prescott. You don't need to defend him because I haven't said anything negative about him. I have just stated what I think is very obvious. He will not be an unknown this season nor will he be a surprise to anyone. You are acting like a lioness with a cub.
These are all from this thread, btw.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
He's absolutely going to improve.

Unfortunately the cast around him was nearly as good as it gets offensively, so there's nowhere to go for that cast but down.

Our best shots might have been 2014 and 2016, and we blew it both times.
Maybe, but the OL should have Smith at the peak of his skills if healthy and a still improving Frederick and Martin. Collins could be an upgrade at LG in his third year. Big ? at RT however. WRs all in their prime. Future HOFer at TE. Superstar RB in his second year. They could still be getting better as a unit.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
This post certainly made it seem like you thought he would perform worse. After all, if your gut tells you he won't have a banner season again, then you think it will be worse. You didn't say the exact words that Dak would be worse next year but that's certainly what you're stating here.

And again, you said this same stuff all season long last year and were clearly wrong then about Dak as well.
You are really reaching to defend your position on your presumption. Dak could play better but the teams record could be worse due to other factors. He did have a banner year for a rookie and it will be hard to duplicate the record but it isn't a matter of whether he will get better or worse. The record will be hard to duplicate. Your last two sentences are very telling. It essentially shows how contrived your imagination is.

The only statements I made about Daks experience last season was regarding the post season. My mantra was that the team should condition Romo because of the possible need that could occur in post season. I don't know where all the phantom dialogue comes from.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You are really reaching to defend your position on your presumption. Dak could play better but the teams record could be worse due to other factors. He did have a banner year for a rookie and it will be hard to duplicate the record but it isn't a matter of whether he will get better or worse. The record will be hard to duplicate. Your last two sentences are very telling. It essentially shows how contrived your imagination is.

The only statements I made about Daks experience last season was regarding the post season. My mantra was that the team should condition Romo because of the possible need that could occur in post season. I don't know where all the phantom dialogue comes from.
If you say your gut says Dak won't have a banner season again, it's not an assumption to say you think he will be worse next year. It's exactly what that statement means. You made the statement, so own it. If that's not what it meant, then please, explain to me what it meant? Because everything you have stated in this thread since that statement is a justification for why you think Dak will be worse next year.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
If you say your gut says Dak won't have a banner season again, it's not an assumption to say you think he will be worse next year. It's exactly what that statement means. You made the statement, so own it. If that's not what it meant, then please, explain to me what it meant? Because everything you have stated in this thread since that statement is a justification for why you think Dak will be worse next year.
Well I didn't say Dak won't have a banner year again. You are just making up stuff. Stick with what I say not what your mind want to hear.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I'll just leave these right here...

:tippytoe

These are all from this thread, btw.
I don't know what your point is with all the bolded comments. None of them say anything about what kind of season Dak or the team will have. It deals with what I think the opponents will do and how it could affect Daks performance but none state that I think he will have a bad year . The fact that I make some observations about possible contingencies is not even remotely a prediction of how the team or Dak will actually perform.

Last edited:

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well I didn't say Dak won't have a banner year again. You are just making up stuff. Stick with what I say not what your mind want to hear.
So your stating that what your gut tells you, isn't actually your opinion? Maybe that term has a different meaning where you are from.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
So your stating that what your gut tells you, isn't actually your opinion? Maybe that term has a different meaning where you are from.
Well, he did tell us that he didn't say anything about next season. After mentioning next season multiple times. Then feigns confusion about it.

So. Yeah.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Why don't you go back and read what I actually said.i said my gut tells me what some teams will do.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Well, he did tell us that he didn't say anything about next season. After mentioning next season multiple times. Then feigns confusion about it.

So. Yeah.
I made no predictions about what the Cowboys record or Daks performance would be next season. I made some observations about what opponents might do next season. Why does that provoke you ?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
This is what I said. How are you getting an opinion about Daks seasons getting worse?

"I sincerely hope Prescott has a banner year again but my gut tells me that he will get things thrown at him this season that he hasn't seen before. His level of experience is still limited so I think it will surface more often. Hopefully the coaching staff will alleviate some of the pressure with a ground game strategy that takes advantage of an opponents aggression."

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I made no predictions about what the Cowboys record or Daks performance would be next season. I made some observations about what opponents might do next season. Why does that provoke you ?
I didn't say you made any predictions about anything. But you mentioned next season numerous times, then claimed that you never mentioned next season when discussing Dak. You clearly did, and I just pointed it out. No provocation needed.

Now, for some reason, you're denying it. Cool. Have at it. Anybody that reads the thread can see it.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
"I sincerely hope Prescott has a banner year again but my gut tells me that he will get things thrown at him this season that he hasn't seen before. His level of experience is still limited so I think it will surface more often. Hopefully the coaching staff will alleviate some of the pressure with a ground game strategy that takes advantage of an opponents aggression."
I'm sorry but this exact phrase is specifically saying you don't think he will have a banner year again. If you've changed that stance now I wouldn't blame you. If you think Dak will be worse next year, that's fine too. I was just talking about that fact with you and trying to understand why you thought that.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I didn't say you made any predictions about anything. But you mentioned next season numerous times, then claimed that you never mentioned next season when discussing Dak. You clearly did, and I just pointed it out. No provocation needed.

Now, for some reason, you're denying it. Cool. Have at it. Anybody that reads the thread can see it.
I'm not denying I talked about what the Cowboys opponents might do this season to make adjustments for the Cowboys but that that isn't what was getting CRocks panties in a wad. He was saying I said Dak would play worse and he wouldn't be as good as last season, etc. and others were implying I was saying the team would have a worse record when in actuality those remarks were made by someone else. That's the point I was denying making any predictions or comments about the Cowboys upcoming season. Indeed my initial comments were about what the author of the article thought the Cowboys opponent would do this season to get ready for Dak and the team. That's where I started and it turned into a don't talk bad about Dak dialogue. Read my first post in the thread and it will confirm what I just said.

Top Bottom