Dak: Tony left some big shoes to fill

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I understand your points. I feel though Dez is not the force he once was and Witten is also nowhere near as productive.

Collins won't be a clear upgrade over Leary. Collins is more athletic but Leary's ability to anchor complemented the other linemen better, I think.

I'll feel a lot better if Green can fill Free's shoes and finally stay healthy.

We could use a shot of speed for sure, and I'm not saying that won't happen. We have a strong core for this and future drafts to build upon.

The biggest thing is Dak should keep improving. The Detroit game showed how dangerous he can be when given the opportunity. I choose to look upon that game as a sign of things to come.
Beasley makes everyone better.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
About shrimp Beasley?
No. booze actually stated that Dak would regress this upcoming season. I predicted that teams would put more pressure on him this season and it could affect his game by forcing him and the coaching staff to make some adjustments. Some took that as me saying Daks performance would be worse this season than last when in realty booze is the only one who said his game would regress.

So after a couple of pages of asking them to show me where i said Daks game would be worse I finally sic ed them on to booze since he is the only one that said Daks performance would be worse this year. That gives them a real bone to chew on but that won't happen because he will tell them where to go.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
What you are failing to grasp here, is booze made a statement. Gave an opinion. That's all. Happens all the time.

You say a hundred different things with veiled inference, then deny saying them when questioned. That's what you're getting grief over. Not the fact of what your opinion of Dak may or may not be.

You are either dug in too deep and refuse to see what's right in front of your face, or you actually don't understand your own words. Either way, don't care. I'm bored with this.
Why offer an opinion now. You and others have already taken the position that I have given an opinion. You are back tracking now. It can't be both ways.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Beasley makes everyone better.
I predict Beasley makes his first probowl appearance this season and dedicates his success to Dak being even better.

I also predict that Dak will hang L.T. Fan's quote in his locker to motivate him on his way to an even better season. Dak is quoted as saying "Haters gonna hate"

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I predict Beasley makes his first probowl appearance this season and dedicates his success to Dak being even better.

I also predict that Dak will hang L.T. Fan's quote in his locker to motivate him on his way to an even better season. Dak is quoted as saying "Haters gonna hate"
What quote might that be?

BipolarFuk

Demoted
If Bryon Bell wins the job at RT, and is back at 100% of what he was when he started for the Titans, is that an upgrade, downgrade, or push from Free?

I think a finally healthy Green has the potential to be better than Free, but I know nothing about Bell.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
If Bryon Bell wins the job at RT, and is back at 100% of what he was when he started for the Titans, is that an upgrade, downgrade, or push from Free?

I think a finally healthy Green has the potential to be better than Free, but I know nothing about Bell.
I would imagine it would basically be a push.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Green played really well at LT last year. Unless he is just an unnatural RT, he should be an easy upgrade to Free if healthy. It's that pesky health thing that is concerning.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
It's that pesky health thing that is concerning.
I think a big part of our season hinges on his remaining healthy for the rest of the year. Though there were times Free pissed me off, he was consistent for the most part.

If a TE has to hang back and help the RT it makes our passing offense less dangerous.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think a big part of our season hinges on his remaining healthy for the rest of the year. Though there were times Free pissed me off, he was consistent for the most part.

If a TE has to hang back and help the RT it makes our passing offense less dangerous.
Oh I'm not too worried about it. When you have Frederick, Martin and Smith it makes it pretty easy for Dak to just avoid the rush of the LE as long as the OT can sort of get in his way. I'm sure Byron Bell could hold up fine at RT but I'd prefer Green since I think he is even better than just FINE.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
The best part about plugging in guys into this OL is that the 3 ProBowlers are young, proud, and dedicated to perfecting their craft. I don't see them allowing a guy to come in and half ass it. Whoever is playing at RT will likely be on his toes to live up to the standard these guys have set.

Top Bottom