Cowboys Sign QB Andy Dalton

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Imagine how much per year Dak would get if he held out the first month and Dalton goes 1-3.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Imagine how much per year Dak would get if he held out the first month and Dalton goes 1-3.
What if Dalton goes 3-1 tho?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Prescott holding out would be the worst thing he could do. That would just piss off Jones

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I’d say fine, sit out, I’ll continue on this trajectory and go 4-12. Guess what pot of gold is waiting at the end of that rainbow? A franchise QB at #1 overall.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
If Newton is healthy, you could do a lot worse should Dak actually refuse to sign the Franchise tag contract.

Dallas wouldn’t need him to be Superman, just throw the football behind one of the better if not best lines in the game. Oh yeah, we’ve got some good WRs and RBs too. Newton threw for a what, 68% completion rate before his latest injury?

I think he could match that in Dallas.

I just don’t see how Dak would ever be stupid enough for it to get even close to that point.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Newton can sit his way into irrelevance like that.

Of course he's already probably got generational wealth, so it doesn't matter that much.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If Newton is healthy, you could do a lot worse should Dak actually refuse to sign the Franchise tag contract.

Dallas wouldn’t need him to be Superman, just throw the football behind one of the better if not best lines in the game. Oh yeah, we’ve got some good WRs and RBs too. Newton threw for a what, 68% completion rate before his latest injury?

I just don’t see how Dak would ever be stupid enough for it to get even close to that point.
Dak won't sit out. He will play under the franchise tag if he has to and then ask for 40+ mil next offseason. It's just a bad time to be doing this. New coaching staff, new systems, new players. We really need to get this settled so the team can hopefully compete for elite status next year. Sitting out all offseason is only going to hurt the team.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Been away from the board for a couple of days (yeah, I know you guys missed me) so haven't commented on this yet. This is without a doubt the best move of the offseason so far, up to and maybe even including the draft. This means they absolutely think they can win it all this year. That's the only reason you bring in a career starter as your backup. This was not a typical Jerry move. This was a move that came straight from McCarthy. I absolutely love this signing.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

No to Cam Newton. He never could throw the ball consistently worth a damn. His one claim to fame was his durability and running ability. And that is fading fast.

People (looking at you) like to shit on Dak for his ability to throw the football. And he's Johnny Unitas compared to Newton on his best day.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
And they waived Cooper Rush now. Just love the no messing around since McCarthy has took over. He's seen enough film to know there's no use for him.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
And they waived Cooper Rush now. Just love the no messing around since McCarthy has took over. He's seen enough film to know there's no use for him.
Yeah, Rush never would have beat out Dalton and it would have been really difficult to see what the rookie QB can do with only so many snaps in preseason to go around. I'd like to see if the rookie is at least worth keeping around as a third QB or not. You can't really do that with him sitting fourth on the QB depth chart.

Plus no reason to pay Cooper decent money, might as well let him fly now.

Top Bottom