Cowboys Sign QB Andy Dalton

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Don't get ahead of yourself. We liked a lot of what they did when Parcells was here, but then.... back to Phillips.

McCarthy is seeming like possibly the best hire they could have made, at the moment. He's making all the right calls. Let's hope it keeps up, and that he's here for 10 years like his predecessor.

He's only 56, unlike Parcells who was 62 when he took a job he stayed at for 4 years (to 66). And Parcells was a notorious early-burn-outer. So maybe there's hope that McCarthy wins a ring or two and stays here till he's 68.
Yeah Parcells was never a man who stayed in one place long. That doesn't appear to be a problem with McCarthy although Jerry Jones has a way of hogging success that rubs really good coaches wrong.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Don't get ahead of yourself. We liked a lot of what they did when Parcells was here, but then.... back to Phillips.
Phillips was really about Garrett, though. Which co-head coach would fit best around Jason for a few years until the adopted son was ready to take over completely.

Fortunately, there aren't any more pet project OJT coaches in the pipeline. Or at least we hope to god there aren't.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Romo in 10 years.

I think Stephen is a bit too cold/ruthless for all that Jerry-style bullshitting around though. He strikes me as the type who is basically playing nice right now because he knows he has to let Jerry feel like he's in control or else you risk having him fly off the handle randomly.

Stephen isn't a legitimate talent evaluator/football type but I know for damn sure he wouldn't have let Garrett hang around for 10 years if not for Jerry. You can tell just by the way he drags things out in negotiations with our star players that he isn't the sentimental type.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Im still surprised that Witten didnt end there as well.
I don’t think Witten was a fan any longer. If I remember correctly, he made some comments last year that raised some eyebrows.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Yeah Parcells was never a man who stayed in one place long. That doesn't appear to be a problem with McCarthy although Jerry Jones has a way of hogging success that rubs really good coaches wrong.
His passion for the job waned with each stop after NY. His quirks grew stronger (apparently you couldn't be around him win or lose the day after a game) and his stamina lessened with age.

Just a real intense guy in a profession that takes everything you're able to give.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
His passion for the job waned with each stop after NY. His quirks grew stronger (apparently you couldn't be around him win or lose the day after a game) and his stamina lessened with age.

Just a real intense guy in a profession that takes everything you're able to give.
I always thought more than anything, he enjoyed lifting a team out of the cellar and righting the ship. Everything after that was just a drain.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I don’t think Witten was a fan any longer. If I remember correctly, he made some comments last year that raised some eyebrows.
Yes, he did.

Her was critical of the coaching and they offensive approach a number of times while in the broadcast booth.

It's one of the reasons I was surprised he came back to play for Garrett last year.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
The more you dissect those comments, the more absurd they sound.

"Darn good football player......"

"Long long time"

"Position flex"

NONE of that is true.

Rush is a 3rd string QB, so he's very far from being a "darn good football player".

Even if he were good, he's only been in the NFL for 3 whole seasons, and last I checked that is not a "long long time".

And lastly, he's never been anything other than a QB in his short time with the Cowboys, and even then he was a 3rd stringer at that which is why the guy has 2 whole career passing yards. He has never been listed on a gameday sheet for the Cowboys for any other position, so what exactly is this "position flex" that he offers?

Each of these comments taken on their own are flat out false.

All of them put together form a statement that is so disingenuous that it is insulting to the intelligence.

This is a prime example of why his press conferences and media sessions were worthless -- he's so fake and robotic that he offers nothing of insight in regards to football.

If he truly believes this about Cooper Rush, then it explains a hell of a whole lot.

Sadly, I just think it's another example of a disingenuous guy allowing his arrogance to lead him to believe he's smarter than everyone else in the room when he's not.

Top Bottom