2023 Season | Wildcard Sunday | Packers at Cowboys | Gameday Chatter thread | 1/14/2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoffa

DCC 4Life
You are way over evaluating Stafford in retrospect. He had zero playoff wins and was three years older than Dak is now. A lot of people thought he put up empty stats and wasn't a winner. Sounds familiar.

I remember Stafford was a topic around here prior to him being traded and a lot of people here didn't want anything to do with him.

I tend to agree, but the theoretical value is ultimately dictated by what the market is willing to pay. Detroit just happened to make Stafford available at a time that the Rams were going all-in, in a way that few teams have done historically.

Miami might be the only comparable situation to that right now, dependent on what McDaniel truly feels about Tua.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Of course. The defense still sucked. As did the offensive playcalling/scheme. All can be true.

Tom Brady in his prime, his defense didn't give up TD, TD, TD, TD, TD, TD so easily. They didn't come close to stopping them so Dak could've played a great game, it would've been closer and you'd all still be bitching.
On top of the defensive issues— definitely the biggest problem— our QB laid a turd, or at least a shart. And CeeDee— WTF? Yes we picked up garbage stats like vs Cleveland a few years ago, but it doesn’t matter if you give the ball away and can’t stop anybody.

Pollard, the OL, and Gallup had good games. If you’d have told me those three would do well, Dak would pass for over 400 yards and 3 TDs and we’d score 32 points, I’d assume we crushed.

shane

DCC 4Life
I'd hesitate to trade him for a single first.

I think some of you guys are blinded by yesterday at the moment. He's probably going to end up like 2nd or third in the MVP voting. He ain't Wentz.

He'd command quite a lot.
Trading Dak now would be selling high , even with the disastrous playoff performance

p1_

DCC 4Life
On top of the defensive issues— definitely the biggest problem— our QB laid a turd, or at least a shart. And CeeDee— WTF? Yes we picked up garbage stats like vs Cleveland a few years ago, but it doesn’t matter if you give the ball away and can’t stop anybody.

Pollard, the OL, and Gallup had good games. If you’d have told me those three would do well, Dak would pass for over 400 yards and 3 TDs and we’d score 32 points, I’d assume we crushed.
you cant discuss Daks stats without including the Jaire pick and then the pick 6 . Those told the tale in the early onslaught.

Clff15701

DCC 4Life
I think the defensive scheme was very bad. Also, before the game and all during the first series Dak had the deer in headlight look. How do you line up on defense with huge holes in the line? Stop playing smaller players.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I tend to agree, but the theoretical value is ultimately dictated by what the market is willing to pay. Detroit just happened to make Stafford available at a time that the Rams were going all-in, in a way that few teams have done historically.

Miami might be the only comparable situation to that right now, dependent on what McDaniel truly feels about Tua.

There are always teams desperate for QBs. There are plenty of teams now that probably think they are a QB away from being dangerous.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
He may be another stupid dipshit who needs to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom