2023 Season | Wildcard Sunday | Packers at Cowboys | Gameday Chatter thread | 1/14/2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
That's a fake?

One of those where you want it to be true and don't look at it real close.
Yes. A fake. You can add those filters to any video. It's a recent fad on TikTok where that site took it from.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
They just straight told their guys to tackle him. Sure it was called what twice? They probably figured the risk of 2 holding calls was better than what would happen if they tried to do it legitimately. Reminds me a bit of the hack a Shaq days. Better to just risk a foul then to let a guy wreck the game.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
That's called a Rim block, but yea, it speaks to how our defense got murdered with very simplistic sorts of plays. That play right there is day 1 install type of shit, but our coaches and players were completely unprepared and that's why McCarthy needs to go.

SF is going to murder these fools by 20.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
That's called a Rim block, but yea, it speaks to how our defense got murdered with very simplistic sorts of plays. That play right there is day 1 install type of shit, but our coaches and players were completely unprepared and that's why McCarthy needs to go.
I have no problem with wanting McCarthy fired, but you think a different HC would have made Dan Quinn prepare differently for that type of play?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have no problem with wanting McCarthy fired, but you think a different HC would have made Dan Quinn prepare differently for that type of play?
Yeah I mean unless you're getting a defensive head coach, that shit is going to be the responsibility of your defensive coordinator and defensive coaches to figure out. But maybe McCarthy should have made sure Quinn was on his A game and didn't.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I think a different HC would've had the team more mentally prepared and not looking like anxious little children scared of not meeting their parents expectations.

There's a certain element of the defensive failure that I think is due to Quinn being sort of checked out that you can't really blame McCarthy for, but a historically pathetic loss like this necessitates heads rolling.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Doesnt the head coach have the capacity to reject his coordinator's obviously flawed plan? Does the HC not approve the strategy/plan for each of the coordinators?

Recall Bones going rogue on a punt block, not telling MM, aka the Sam Williams fiasco.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Doesnt the head coach have the capacity to reject his coordinator's obviously flawed plan? Does the HC not approve the strategy/plan for each of the coordinators?

Recall Bones going rogue on a punt block, not telling MM, aka the Sam Williams fiasco.
Depends on the circumstances but I'm sure Quinn has the utmost autonomy.

• Props
Reactions: p1_
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom