2023 Season | Wildcard Sunday | Packers at Cowboys | Gameday Chatter thread | 1/14/2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Don't be so sure his three ring circus, atmosphere of entitlement, over optimism, encouragement of cheese eating, and obliteration of organizational hierarchies doesn't play a significant role in all this.
The only bright spot is the stress and strain that was showing on PT Barnums face tonight can’t be good for an 81 year old.

data

Forbes #1
Don't be so sure his three ring circus, atmosphere of entitlement, over optimism, encouragement of cheese eating, and obliteration of organizational hierarchies doesn't play a significant role in all this.
People turn down the radio to better focus on driving. Jerruh's circus has no volume button.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Had this discussion already. Just a misunderstanding. How can Dak be responsible for going down 14-0 when we didn't have the ball first?

Also, just because there's a turnover and the other team gets the ball at the 19 doesn't mean the defense can't get a stop and hold to a FG or cause their own turnover. Then it was first and goal at the 16 and the defense let them score with out much of a fight. But Dak.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
I never underestimate the ability of the Jones retards to sweep away blame, criticism, accountability and GM ability suckitude after a total steamer on a national stage.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

Florio has been floating Belichick in Dallas all week, and the fact that he threw out some random minority candidate like Morris makes me think it might have legs. Everybody is tying Belichick to Dallas now but of course Jerry will want there to be a plausible minority candidate floated as being under consideration.

It's way too on the nose to be random speculation.

He mentioned Morris for the falcons, not the cowboys.

Chocolate Lab

csn this hash tomo
Belichick aside -- just watched that Florio clip, and if BB doesn't go to Atlanta, they could look at... Raheem Morris?

Are you shitting me?

Dammit Geng!

Tony D

DCC 4Life
A great coach, a great leader can overcome that. Get your fucking team prepared for a big game...just once.

Too convenientl and easy to blame Jerry for everything.

Clff15701

DCC 4Life
This team beat up on a bunch of teams with winning records. Teams that were physical and had a running game blew us out. Heck, GB went on the first drive of the game for half of the quarter and we couldn’t stop them. It’s either BB, HB or bust. Our defense is too small. BB can fix that. Hopefully by then lance will be ready.

Genghis Khan

How is Dak the reason Green Bay went up 7-0? We didn't have the ball yet. Green Bay just drove it down the defenses throat. And the same the next drive. And the next. And the next. And the next. It was embarrassing. And Dak stunk, but McCarthy did him no favors.
He said 14 points not 7 though.

True that GB scored 7 before we touched the ball. But, instead of tying the game with a TD drive of his own - which is what a QB of his pay grade should be doing, he was off target (missed a wide open Cooks for what would have been at least a huge gain and maybe a TD), made poor decisions, and threw a pick deep in his own end to set GB up for a second TD and we were Sisyphus the rest of the way which is a very difficult position to be in.

No one is saying the defense wasn't a bigger issue, but Dak played a large role also.

Genghis Khan

They barely beat Carolina and lost to Tommy Cutlets and Tampa Bay convincingly. We were favored for a reason.

Agreed. GB is really not that good, which is the reason this is inexcusable.

They were 9-8 for a reason.

Blowouts like this are generally a result of coaching, mentality and effort. Not so much talent.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
He said 14 points not 7 though.

True that GB scored 7 before we touched the ball. But, instead of tying the game with a TD drive of his own - which is what a QB of his pay grade should be doing, he was off target (missed a wide open Cooks for what would have been at least a huge gain and maybe a TD), made poor decisions, and threw a pick deep in his own end to set GB up for a second TD and we were Sisyphus the rest of the way which is a very difficult position to be in.

No one is saying the defense wasn't a bigger issue, but Dak played a large role also.
The defense couldn't stop them the whole game until it was out of reach. Dallas would've had to score every drive to be in it. We didn't have guys running wide open in their secondary like Green Bay did. I our defense, play calling/scheme and Dak in that order. The D let them drive right down their throat on the first drive and then let them score again without a fight with a short field. Then the next 5 drives, too.

Genghis Khan

Dak Prescott Press Conference

A: Frustrated. Great word for my play. Just shocked, honestly. From the beginning. We got beat. No sugarcoating. I didn't play well. Shocked.

Q: Why were you not in rhythm
A: Felt great. Maybe my mind was moving faster than my body. Just being prepared. Getting from one read to another a split second too fast. The balls gonna jump a bit. Needed to bring the ball down. By the time I did, too late.

A: Wish I had that answer for you, honestly

Q: Speculation about McCarthy
A: He's been amazing. Don't know how that can be, but I understand the business. Then, specualation should be on me as well. Success has been from him. Super Bowl is standard of league and this place as well. I get it. But add him to the list, add me as well.

A: It's a shock as I said to begin with. Didn't think that this would be it. Credit to the Packers. Will take some time to digest it. Stunned.

Q: Down a couple scores in the 2nd, did you press a bit?
A: Umm.....gotta go look at the film, honestly. Seeing their success on offense, it's natural a bit. With the pick six before half, great play to him. I gotta read it better. At that point, that's what made it a little too far. Nobody ever lost confidence on the offense. You can say we were pressing, but only chance we hd was take it play-by-play and our guys kept fighting.

The fact that everyone on the team including McCarthy is so shocked by this tells me they didn't take their opponent seriously enough.

Also, is he seriously trying to say he was TOO prepared?

Is he stupid? There's no such thing.

If he's saying they were under prepared, that's inexcusable.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
The fact that everyone on the team including McCarthy is so shocked by this tells me they didn't take their opponent seriously enough.

Also, is he seriously trying to say he was TOO prepared?

Is he stupid? There's no such thing.

If he's saying they were under prepared, that's inexcusable.
Ha, no shit.

Genghis Khan

The defense couldn't stop them the whole game until it was out of reach. Dallas would've had to score every drive to be in it. We didn't have guys running wide open in their secondary like Green Bay did. I our defense, play calling/scheme and Dak in that order. The D let them drive right down their throat on the first drive and then let them score again without a fight with a short field. Then the next 5 drives, too.

I'm not disagreeing with any of that, but the question is can we win anything of significance with Dak and my point was that we can if we have a top level defense. The counterpoint to that was Dak put us in some pretty bad positions today and that's not wrong.

You're saying the defense is more to blame for today and you're not wrong in that, it's just not what we were talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom