2023 Season | Wildcard Sunday | Packers at Cowboys | Gameday Chatter thread | 1/14/2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Agreed. GB is really not that good, which is the reason this is inexcusable.

They were 9-8 for a reason.

Blowouts like this are generally a result of coaching, mentality and effort. Not so much talent.
This ridiculous performance was 100000% due to coaching, mentality and so forth. The defense gave up 6 TDs on the first 7 drives and the entire team looked scared shitless as soon as they went down 7-0, like come on.

The team couldn't handle expectations and they looked as listless and unfocused as they did to open their last home playoff game against SF two years ago.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I don't get it. Those deep Doubs completions are, save for a sack, what you want. Off back-foot floaters into the middle of the field.

Those completions weren't schemed. All broken plays.

How, on multiple occasions, we didn't have anyone in the vicinity to at least disrupt the completion is mindblowing.

Yes and that's preparation and effort not talent.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
The defense couldn't stop them the whole game until it was out of reach. Dallas would've had to score every drive to be in it. We didn't have guys running wide open in their secondary like Green Bay did. I our defense, play calling/scheme and Dak in that order. The D let them drive right down their throat on the first drive and then let them score again without a fight with a short field. Then the next 5 drives, too.
We were out coached and outplayed. Again.

Green Bay youngsters feeling it, and we let them.

Can’t stop the run, can’t pressure without blitzing, can’t cover everyone. Love just sat back and flicked deep shots. Number one problem.

Our side couldn’t keep drives going and rarely made chunk plays.

In these big games it always feels like the other team has a specific gameplan and executes it vs us while we sit back and play our chucklefuck normal game.

Genghis Khan

How did McCarthy make him throw those two picks? That pick six would be embarrassing to a junior high QB. And then a third was dropped.

It's a constant problem with Dak. When he presses he turns the ball over. It's like clockwork. When I predicted it, I wasn't prescient I just recognized seeing this movie before.

Genghis Khan

That might've been the only schemed one.

But, yeah, in the first quarter when the ball was released, I was excited just waiting for a white jersey to streak in and swoop the pass.

That's not scheme that's bad defense.

data

Forbes #1
As the night ends, my main thought is when does this end and we finally bottom out.

This window was thought to be closed at the end of Romo's career but miraculously kept open with Dak/Zeke and again extended with McCarthy.

This 15-year window has to end sometime, right? How many times can this cycle repeat?

shane

DCC 4Life
Agreed. GB is really not that good, which is the reason this is inexcusable.

They were 9-8 for a reason.

Blowouts like this are generally a result of coaching, mentality and effort. Not so much talent.
We got the best version of Green Bay to be sure. They like the Rams peaked at the end of the season and came into the playoffs hot. But the much better coached Lions stepped up to the challenge while the inadequately coached Cowboys folded. I don’t see how Bellichick would not be a major upgrade.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
We were out coached and outplayed. Again.

Green Bay youngsters feeling it, and we let them.

Can’t stop the run, can’t pressure without blitzing, can’t cover everyone. Love just sat back and flicked deep shots. Number one problem.

Our side couldn’t keep drives going and rarely made chunk plays.

In these big games it always feels like the other team has a specific gameplan and executes it vs us while we sit back and play our chucklefuck normal game.
Agreed. Same shit every big game and playoff game.

shane

DCC 4Life
As the night ends, my main thought is when does this end and we finally bottom out.

This window was thought to be closed at the end of Romo's career but miraculously opened with Dak/Zeke and again with McCarthy.

This 15-year window has to end sometime, right?
Dallas has quietly become very adept at developing talent. I don’t see us bottoming out unless we keep McCarthy and the team just quits on him next year.

p1_

DCC 4Life

This window was thought to be closed at the end of Romo's career but miraculously kept open with Dak/Zeke and again extended with McCarthy.

This 15-year window has to end sometime, right? How many times can this cycle repeat?
This is the bottom. A very good roster that cannot win a big game to save its life. San Fran would have done much worse than GB did to us .

p1_

DCC 4Life
They lost to the Giants on December 11 and squeaked by the Panthers by 3 on December 24. They squeaked by the Bears by 8 on January 7.

They're not anywhere remotely this good.
So what happened today ? We forgot we were “good”?

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
So I went out drinking after this shitshow.

And here’s wat I have to say.

Fuck Jerry and Steve Jones. And the balding cunt grandson.

fuck Fat Mike , Quinn, and the rest of the non innovative coaching staff.

Fuck these gutless players who can’t handle the pressure of winning.

And most of all, props to all of you. The real fans of the Dallas Cowboys. The non sunshine pumping motherfuckers who are still here cuz you love the team.

I’ll see you soon even tho some of yous said you were done.

that is all

Clff15701

DCC 4Life
Same thing that happens every game. Quinn played undersized players as LBers and on passing plays we didn’t get him allowing love to make plays. Quinn’s scheme won’t work against teams that are physical. We are giving up too much size and we couldn’t stop them

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
They took them lightly, got thoroughly out coached, were anxious and pressing from the opening whistle yet somehow still came out sloppy, so on and so forth.

Love played great and was extremely accurate, most likely an outlier game, but the other stuff was more of an issue.

My biggest issue is the team looked scared of disappointing and panicked as soon as they went down. The mentality of the team was fucked and McCarthy didn't have them ready to play at all.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
The defense couldn't stop them the whole game until it was out of reach. Dallas would've had to score every drive to be in it. We didn't have guys running wide open in their secondary like Green Bay did. I our defense, play calling/scheme and Dak in that order. The D let them drive right down their throat on the first drive and then let them score again without a fight with a short field. Then the next 5 drives, too.

When your qb has zero yards passing in the 1st quarter, probably takes a lot of the air out of your sails.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom