2023 Draft Weekend Chatter Thread...

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I know we have some concerns along the OL but this is definitely the best run stuffing DT candidate we have actually been interested in in a long time.
Yea I wouldn't have taken Bergeron over Mazi, I just wish they had taken Torrence in the 2nd, but here we are.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The best DT, period.

Like safety, this position went ignored for far too long.

Funny how Quinn gets here and we finally place importance on those two positions that basically mattered little to us for more than 15 years.
As far as DT goes I think McCarthy is one of the main driving forces behind that as well. Remember that we signed Dontari Poe before Quinn even got here, so the desire to change how we approach the position has existed pre-Quinn.

I'm sure Quinn has a voice in all of it though obviously.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yea I wouldn't have taken Bergeron over Mazi, I just wish they had taken Torrence in the 2nd, but here we are.
Yeah, wonder what the Chiefs were offering. Because it would have most likely been a trade down and draft Bergeron. But they were afraid of losing Mazi to the Chiefs. If they were indifferent between the two I think we trade down.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Yeah, wonder what the Chiefs were offering. Because it would have most likely been a trade down and draft Bergeron. But they were afraid of losing Mazi to the Chiefs. If they were indifferent between the two I think we trade down.
The Chiefs supposedly called afterwards and admitted they wanted Mazi with the 26 pick.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Chiefs supposedly called afterwards and admitted they wanted Mazi with the 26 pick.
Yeah I believe it and I think the Cowboys knew it.

I don't really want Jerry to do it like he did last year but I would love to know what the Cowboys draft board looked like. Not just the first round but the whole thing.

Kind of crazy to think how much different it is than we all think. I bet Bergeron and Mazi were both around 13 or 14 for the Cowboys. No media or fans would have thought that. But I also get why they were so high on both guys.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I wonder what they offered us to try to get Smith.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
They have made the draft almost unwatchable. I bet I barely watched half of it because I got fed up with the circus bullshit that comes with it now.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
They have made the draft almost unwatchable. I bet I barely watched half of it because I got fed up with the circus bullshit that comes with it now.
Round 1 is fine for the most part, day 2 starts to get grating by the start of round 3 and day 3 is completely unwatchable.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Put on the Ticket or Fan (if you can tolerate Broaddus) and listen out on the patio.

For years I'd go ride my bike or jog or hike during the draft because the video didn't do much for me. And that was before they made it a clown show.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Put on the Ticket or Fan (if you can tolerate Broaddus) and listen out on the patio.

For years I'd go ride my bike or jog or hike during the draft because the video didn't do much for me. And that was before they made it a clown show.
That's what I did this year although Broaddus is awful. But I like video after draft picks and that's where I wish the networks would fix their shit. I want to see highlights and analysis. I don't want all the other bullshit. The Ticket or Fan just doesn't have the video to compliment the picks so instead you see Broaddus ugly mug.

p1_

DCC 4Life

norm is a much better listen than Broaddus and Fan goobs.

p1_

DCC 4Life
That's what I did this year although Broaddus is awful. But I like video after draft picks and that's where I wish the networks would fix their shit. I want to see highlights and analysis. I don't want all the other bullshit. The Ticket or Fan just doesn't have the video to compliment the picks so instead you see Broaddus ugly mug.
Have TV network on with sound down, turn on Ticket audio.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Have TV network on with sound down, turn on Ticket audio.
That's what I did this year. The nice part about The Fan broadcast was they actually had position coaches on talking about the picks after we made some of them.

I wonder what the Athletic Broadcast was like. Brugler is great but their other guys can be a bit grating. Still Brugler knows more about these guys that any other "media" types.

Cotton

Staff member
Round 1 is fine for the most part, day 2 starts to get grating by the start of round 3 and day 3 is completely unwatchable.
They had a make a wish kid announce the 8th overall pick. It has gotten really bad.

Cotton

Staff member
At one point they admitted to being 3 picks behind on NFLN. That is ridiculous.

p1_

DCC 4Life
That's what I did this year. The nice part about The Fan broadcast was they actually had position coaches on talking about the picks after we made some of them.

I wonder what the Athletic Broadcast was like. Brugler is great but their other guys can be a bit grating. Still Brugler knows more about these guys that any other "media" types.
did Athletic have coverage? Did not know that.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Doesn’t that belong on the LOL @ Giants thread?

Top Bottom