2023 Draft Weekend Chatter Thread...

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Just under 72 hours before the Panthers are on the clock means it's go time, no more pre-draft threads here.

Assuming the top 4 QB's, 4 OL (top 3+Wright), Njigba, 6 DL (top 3+Murphy/Van Ness/Smith), and 5 DB's (top 3 CB's+Banks/Branch) are all gone, give me your top 15.

That assumes 20 guys are gone, which means only 5 to go before our pick, but let's make it 15 for fun.

1. Bijan Robinson
2. Jordan Addison
3. Michael Mayer
4. Bryan Bresee
5. Calijah Kancey
6. Zay Flowers
7. Will McDonald
8. Steve Avila
9. Mazi Smith
10. O'Cyrus Torrence
11. Quentin Johnston
12. Felix Anudike-Uzomah
13. Jahmyr Gibbs
14. Darnell Washington
15. Keeanu Benton

I have no idea what to do with Kincaid because of the back issues, I even read there was some speculation he could miss minicamp, but if he was healthy he'd be somewhere around 7-9. I also like Forbes a lot but I just can't stomach spending a 1 on a CB when it's arguably the strongest position on the team, if we actually had any sort of need there he'd probably be about 10 or so.

Thank you and God bless.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
I’m no particular order.

1. Bijan Robinson
2. Jordan Addison
3. Michael Mayer
4. Emmanuel Forbes
5. Calijah Kancey
6. Zay Flowers
7. Will McDonald
8. Steve Avila
9. Mazi Smith
10. O'Cyrus Torrence
11. Quentin Johnston
12. Felix Anudike-Uzomah
13. Jonathan Mingo
14. Darnell Washington
15. Cody Mauch

I would consider Kincaid in the second but I don’t think he lasts that long.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I'm at a work convention this weekend. You guys keep me up to date.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
It's almost time for Cotton's annual reminder not to spoil the pick before the Commissioner announces it.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
It's almost time for Cotton's annual reminder not to spoil the pick before the Commissioner announces it.
Speaking of @Iamtdg , has Alex Okafor declared for the draft?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I hate that shit.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have no idea what to do with Kincaid
Yeah it all depends on the back. If it's a real risk I don't even want him in the second. I'm tired of risky second round picks. Just draft a guy who is going to be a good starter for you in the second round.

If his back is a zero concern, then I won't necessarily be upset if we took him in the first. I worry about his blocking but I think he can be a really good receiver. And I think his catching ability would work extremely well with Dak. Almost a jumbo slot kind of guy.

This is stuff as amateur draft fans we aren't privy to enough information to say. I just don't want another LVE type pick where his neck or back is limiting him long term. And we knew about the neck when we drafted him.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I’m not going to be around much during the draft because of calving. I’m gonna need somebody to step up and argue/fight with @boozeman for me. It’s a yearly draft tradition, and I feel bad for missing it, but I know one of you will step up. Thanks.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The back is the same concern I have with Zavala who I think is an excellent guard prospect.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I’m not going to be around much during the draft because of calving. I’m gonna need somebody to step up and argue/fight with @boozeman for me. It’s a yearly draft tradition, and I feel bad for missing it, but I know one of you will step up. Thanks.
It may have a to be a group effort but we'll get it done

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Many hands make light the work.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Don't swear me to this list, I did it rushed. But I'm somewhere in this area.

1. Bijan Robinson (Pains me to do, but the chance to turn back the clock to Dak's early years is too hard to pass up)
2. Jordan Addison
3. Calijah Kancey
4. Zay Flowers
5. Quentin Johnston
6. Steve Avila
7. O'Cyrus Torrence (So I really wanted to move him above Avila, I think I like him more, but I think Dallas will like Avila more and I just trust them)
8. Mazi Smith
9. Will McDonald
10. Michael Mayer
11. Bryan Bresee
12. Felix Anudike-Uzomah
13. Jahmyr Gibbs
14. Darnell Washington
15. Keeanu Benton

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Don't swear me to this list, I did it rushed. But I'm somewhere in this area.

1. Bijan Robinson (Pains me to do, but the chance to turn back the clock to Dak's early years is too hard to pass up)
2. Jordan Addison
3. Calijah Kancey
4. Zay Flowers
5. Quentin Johnston
6. Steve Avila
7. O'Cyrus Torrence (So I really wanted to move him above Avila, I think I like him more, but I think Dallas will like Avila more and I just trust them)
8. Mazi Smith
9. Will McDonald
10. Michael Mayer
11. Bryan Bresee
12. Felix Anudike-Uzomah
13. Jahmyr Gibbs
14. Darnell Washington
15. Keeanu Benton
I got Avila over Torrence since they're relatively similar prospects as guards but Avila played a full season at center and was all-conference, so that versatility wins it for me.

Top Bottom