2023 Draft Weekend Chatter Thread...

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I bet a lot of the graders didn't know Scott's terrible time on that 40 was because he'd just pulled a quad. I wonder what they'd have given him if they knew better.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Our 2nd-3rd-4th was just not very good.

Wish we took Downs in the 2nd and then bump Schoonmaker and Overshown down a round each, eliminating Fehoko.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Our 2nd-3rd-4th was just not very good.

Wish we took Downs in the 2nd and then bump Schoonmaker and Overshown down a round each, eliminating Fehoko.
Yeah I don't know if those guys make it to a round later but I agree. You just take a different TE if that happens or a different LBer.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I didn't know there was a rule against that. I thoight every team did it. Of course if I'm a player hoping to be drafted I'd probably be really annoyed getting a call from someone while the fourth round is going on.
Yeah, kind of makes it, oh I dunno, scripted?

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
This is actually pretty cool. Not a lot of fluff. Lots of footage from the combine and pro days, plus some Dallas Day.

At about 37:50 they show the debate before the first round pick. Sounds like it was between Mazi and a guard. Wonder who that was.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is actually pretty cool. Not a lot of fluff. Lots of footage from the combine and pro days, plus some Dallas Day.

At about 37:50 they show the debate before the first round pick. Sounds like it was between Mazi and a guard. Wonder who that was.

Bergeron I bet

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

It was Bergeron, Ghelken reported it. What's interesting is McClay really fighting for Mazi saying that we have depth on the OL while we haven't had a DT rated this high in years.

Let's hope they're right about the OL depth because it could be a big problem very quickly.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I didn't know there was a rule against that. I thought every team did it. Of course if I'm a player hoping to be drafted I'd probably be really annoyed getting a call from someone while the fourth round is going on.

I thought so too. Someone was just talking the other day (Broaddus maybe?) about Payton basically recruiting Romo while the draft was ongoing. Maybe the rules changed since or something but I thought every team did it.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I thought so too. Someone was just talking the other day (Broaddus maybe?) about Payton basically recruiting Romo while the draft was ongoing. Maybe the rules changed since or something but I thought every team did it.
I mean obviously they still do. I wonder if it's more of an unwritten rule that no one follows.

If people are really upset with the way UDFA works then add a couple rounds to the draft.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I heard the dad of some guy who went undrafted talking on the Ticket the week before about how in the 7th the prospects would actually tell teams they didn't want to be drafted because they could make more money as a UFA. I don't know what they could do about it other than to threaten to not report or something, but I hadn't heard anyone say it that strongly.

When I looked it up, I thought it said 7th rounders still made more, but maybe the difference is the guarantees.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
It was Bergeron, Ghelken reported it. What's interesting is McClay really fighting for Mazi saying that we have depth on the OL while we haven't had a DT rated this high in years.

Let's hope they're right about the OL depth because it could be a big problem very quickly.

I definitely agree with him.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
I know we have some concerns along the OL but this is definitely the best run stuffing DT candidate we have actually been interested in in a long time.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I know we have some concerns along the OL but this is definitely the best run stuffing DT candidate we have actually been interested in in a long time.
The best DT, period.

Like safety, this position went ignored for far too long.

Funny how Quinn gets here and we finally place importance on those two positions that basically mattered little to us for more than 15 years.

Top Bottom