2022 Draft Weekend Chatter Thread...

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
It was a little weird to see a kicker and 2 punters taken in the 4th, then a punter each in the 6th and 7th
I think with all these missed extra points we've been seeing, and the erratic kicking between 30-40 yards have teams starting to take their kicking games a little more seriously. There have been a lot of games won and lost lately on the foot of a kicker. I could be wrong, but it seems like it's been higher than normal.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It was a little weird to see a kicker and 2 punters taken in the 4th, then a punter each in the 6th and 7th
And not even the freak punter everyone thought would go in the fourth. I'll admit I have no understanding of kickers. You'd think the evaluation would be easy. But it's really not. Especially with field goal kickers. I'd probably bring in multiple UDFA and let them compete with each other. But maybe it's not easy to convince kickers to do that.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I think with all these missed extra points we've been seeing, and the erratic kicking between 30-40 yards have teams starting to take their kicking games a little more seriously. There have been a lot of games won and lost lately on the foot of a kicker. I could be wrong, but it seems like it's been higher than normal.
That is the gambling influence.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Personally I think counting on either a rookie or a nobody (Nagar) as your only kicker options is not wise.
Yeah I just don't know. I just want a guy who will consistently make all of his kicks inside 50. A big leg is great but when we are in field goal range, just make the field goals. That's all I care about.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
There were no realistic number 1 receivers at 24.
Both Christian Watson and I would like you to reevaluate your position on this, sir. Thank you.

You are about to be amazed to see what he can do now that he is with a passing offense, instead of the Bison's run first, second, and sometimes third offense.

Too bad it's with the Packers. But I have him as the early favorite for OROY with Aaron Rodgers.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Both Christian Watson and I would like you to reevaluate your position on this, sir. Thank you.

You are about to be amazed to see what he can do now that he is with a passing offense, instead of the Bison's run first, second, and sometimes third offense.

Too bad it's with the Packers. But I have him as the early favorite for OROY with Aaron Rodgers.
I think he will kill it with the Packers. Hell I think Doubs is really good too for a day three WR. No hating here. I like this WR class.

Bruglar did have Tolbert one spot ahead of Watson in his rankings though...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Nope. I have high hopes that he can come in and take the job running. We certainly need him to.

But saying that, I'm not looking forward to reading RRRAAAAAAIIIIIIIDDDDDDEEEEERRRRRRRR after every extra point and kickoff. :art

Notice I left the S off, @Iamtdg ?
:towel

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
So, we get to see Packers fans and announcers all during the draft with sombreros.

Then they announce a pick live from Mexico City with nary a sombrero in sight.
That's because other than mariachis at tourist spots no one in Mexico uses a sombrero.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Agreed, I basically give 0 fucks about the majority of these "grades". There are a few guys whose opinions I respect and put more credence into, but overall I trust myself more than at least 95% of these guys.

I (and we as a board) generally understand the Cowboys and the nuances of the roster/philosophy (i.e. how they're going to use Williams) than pretty much all of these media guys, particularly the national types, and I personally have more experience evaluating and writing real NFL-style scouting reports than all of these media guys except the actual former scout/front office types like Jeremiah, Riddick, Mayock and so forth.

So ultimately it's interesting to look at but I'm going with my perspective over the rest of this noise, and especially over these horse shit Rotoworld/Bleacher Report types.

Top Bottom