2022 Draft Weekend Chatter Thread...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
That's not true. The kicker signed with the rams.
The tweet says, "The Arkansas basketball team had contributed more players than the UT football team had drafted." Which is true.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

p1_

DCC 4Life
There has to be an/some UDFAs from UT on a NFL roster.

Puttyism

♡☆
Random Thoughts:
After watching Tyler Smith closely and feeling more optimistic about his Penning is way more consistent with his technique but isn't nearly as light on his feet as Smith, and you see the same thing with Penning that you see with Smith in terms of a ridiculous number of penalties (I think they had roughly the same number of penalties last year), over-aggressiveness causing penalties.
We already know the talking points w/Smith. He just turned 21 three weeks ago, & he'll need some work on his technique to clean up the penalties. But consider this, historically best chance to start right away is at left guard, though the Cowboys see him as a possible eventual replacement for Tyron Smith at left tackle. That means there's a very good chance we won't see anything resembling his final form in the coming year or so. This is a pick that's all about potential.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
The tweet says, "The Arkansas basketball team had contributed more players than the UT football team had drafted." Which is true.
Was Just answering angry

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This sure sounds a lot like what was said about TJ Watt.
Yeah I mean I get it to some extent with an Oline. It's a cohesive unit that makes no sense to have guys that don't work together schematically.

Frankly you see it with the DBs too. Quinn doesn't want a 5'9" corner with short arms. Plenty of guys like that have succeeded in the NFL but you want a secondary that can do certain things together as a unit.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
This sure sounds a lot like what was said about TJ Watt.
The leading factor in that decision was scheme though seemingly, that isn't really as strongly the case here, it's that they didn't like Linderbaum bring center only and being on the small side.

It sounded to me like they had Smith clearly above him in terms of the grade, whereas with Watt it was more of a tossup that they used scheme to decide.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The leading factor in that decision was scheme though seemingly, that isn't really as strongly the case here, it's that they didn't like Linderbaum bring center only and being on the small side.
I mean I'm an Iowa fan and even I'm a little concerned that he is going to give up ground to some massive NT types. He is really a great player and uses leverage extremely well but he isn't going to get much bigger if at all. The short arms I don't care much about. I think our team makes too big of a deal out of arm length. It's helpful but a good player is a good play. But a guy who struggled to get above 300 pounds is concerning to me. I'm used to Dallas with their massive O-lines I guess.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Back in the day, Step ran 265.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Sounds like we're moving away from the Zone-heavy stuff in the run game.
Yep, which I am not a fan of to be honest. They better be right that our five starters can play bully ball.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Yep, which I am not a fan of to be honest. They better be right that our five starters can play bully ball.
Has Philbin ever coached bully ball? It seems like he has always coached a ZBS.

Top Bottom