2021 Season, Week 4 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Panthers @ Cowboys | 10/3/21

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
You should see the shit the Rams have been getting away with, most of their offense is predicated on rub routes and they're getting away with way worse downfield than a block on a WR screen that's half a second before the WR catches the ball.
Speaking of that, Stafford really shat the bed Sunday. Wonder if the Rams are about to find out he wasn't really Peyton Manning on a bad team.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Speaking of that, Stafford really shat the bed Sunday. Wonder if the Rams are about to find out he wasn't really Peyton Manning on a bad team.

I wonder if the Cardinals maybe just have a really good defense. Stafford was off to a very good start in the first three games. Even now he's on pace for over 4000 yards, 40 TDs, 8 INTs, and a 117 passer rating.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
?
He carried Detroit for years. You can fall short of Manning and still be a franchise QB. One loss won't make them pine for Goff.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Of course they won't pine for Goff, and of course it was only one game. But the narrative has been that he was all that was holding them back and now they have a top QB so it's off to the races. I watched a good bit of that game and he missed a lot of throws, so it wasn't all the Cards defense.

I have nothing against Stafford and actually root for him to do well. I'm just saying, I think the Rams may find he's not going to solve all their problems.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
?
He carried Detroit for years. You can fall short of Manning and still be a franchise QB. One loss won't make them pine for Goff.
Can you call it carrying a team if the team still loses a lot?

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Yeah, I always try to watch Bohanna and I don't think he's been that good so far.

But it is a tough job for a rookie, and he'll probably improve a lot the next year or two.

And he's definitely not to blame for Smith's sucktitude. Smith seems to think you don't watch the ball or adjust at all as the play develops. It's like he thinks as long as you get to your assigned gap you're going to get a good grade even if you have to let the ball run right past you to do it.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Bohanna is still adjusting to the NFL. They can’t all be Osa ya know .

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I wonder if the Cardinals maybe just have a really good defense. Stafford was off to a very good start in the first three games. Even now he's on pace for over 4000 yards, 40 TDs, 8 INTs, and a 117 passer rating.
Yeah, I think Stafford is a really good QB.

I just think they faced a good, confident Arizona team with a damn good defense and it just didn't go their way.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Without a shadow of a doubt Prescott is the better passer. Murray's playmaking ability though surpasses anything Prescott is capable of with his feet. I think Murray has a higher upside but I'd rather have Prescott now for sure.
I don't agree with that at all. Murray is dynamic. Right now. But history has shown us that the league catches up with these athlete first QBs. Guys like RGIII, Kaperdramawhore, Vince Young, Cam Newton, etc... Yeah, being a weapon running the ball is nice. But you better be able to also be strong as a pocket passer, along with the running and throwing on the run. Because if you can't, you're not long for this league.

I do think Murray has more ability throwing the ball than the above mentioned. But it remains to be seen if he can sustain it, and build upon it to become a true franchise QB.

Like Dak seems to have done.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Smitty isn't used to players actually panning out for us.

It's going to take time to build trust for some who have been burned over and over again.
Not used to mid round slight reach DLs working out at least.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Not used to mid round slight reach DLs working out at least.
I get you, and a big part of it is they haven’t been coached right since Bill, but it’s hard to accept we’ve drafted honest to God playmakers.

It happens for other teams, hopefully the Joneses can keep their their hands away long enough for it to develop the right way

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
@L.T. Fan

better QB right now - Dak Prescott or Kyler Murray
Really To close to call. Both are winning and both have good current records at finishing a game. I would give a slight edge to Murray as to being able to finish a play and avoid a loss. Murray can escape trouble with a better success rate. Better wheels.

shane

DCC 4Life
I don't agree with that. I think he will flame out in a few years.
Russell Wilson
That's why I feel like Kyler's ceiling is higher. He COULD be better than Wilson or even Mahomes. But it depends on his ability to stay healthy and continue to develop as a passer whereas we know what Prescott can bring to the table.

Top Bottom