2021 Season, Week 4 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Panthers @ Cowboys | 10/3/21

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I took us to victory last week, and I will continue my streak today.

Let's do this, boys! :towel

Cotton

Staff member
I will most likely be watching from my patio. You have been warned.

Cotton

Staff member
I really hate early games.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

• Props
Reactions: p1_

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

I can't wait to see him stink it up and people are still screaming for Nagy's head.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Tom Brady seems so happy and free since he's left New England.

Strange to say this about a guy who won so much at his previous stop but he reminds me of a prisoner who's seeing blue skies and sunshine for the first time after a 2-years stint in solitary confinement.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I can't wait to see him stink it up and people are still screaming for Nagy's head.
I guess it's not possible anymore that young QBs simply aren't ready yet? Or maybe that they just aren't that good?

1bigfan13

Staff member
Not sure how I feel about this game now after a week of uber hype.

I think we're going to see a game plan closer to the one we saw in Tampa.....but not to that extreme. I think we'll pass a lot more today and have something like a 65/35 pass/run split.

I just don't think they'll have a lot of confidence in the center/left side of the OL being able to win most of their battles in the trenches. I think we'll mainly run right and sprinkle a few in on the left side to try to keep them honest.

As long as the defense doesn't lay a complete egg I think Dallas handles them by 8-10 points. Put me down for a 26-17 Cowboys win.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I think we're going to see a game plan closer to the one we saw in Tampa.....but not to that extreme. I think we'll pass a lot more today and have something like a 65/35 pass/run split.

I just don't think they'll have a lot of confidence in the center/left side of the OL being able to win most of their battles in the trenches. I think we'll mainly run right and sprinkle a few in on the left side to try to keep them honest.

As long as the defense doesn't lay a complete egg I think Dallas handles them by 8-10 points. Put me down for a 26-17 Cowboys win.
I would hope that we can jump on them early and put them away.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I guess it's not possible anymore that young QBs simply aren't ready yet? Or maybe that they just aren't that good?
I get that the timeline for development has been shortened on these guys but that doesn't mean everyone needs to be thrown out there immediately.

The thing that gets me is they (Bears fans and former players & coaches in the media) were screaming for Fields to be thrown out there as if the other rookie QBs were lighting the world on fire. But every week those other QBs are throwing 2+ INTs and taking tons of sacks. I could somewhat understand the fans frustration if they didn't have a better QB sitting in front of Fields and if the other rookies were looking solid. But that ain't the case.

Top Bottom