2020 Random NFL Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I’m guessing it’d be similar to a 2pt conversion. If called for offensive penalty on the play, they take the yardage and can kick the XP further back or retry the conversion further back.

For this scenario, retry the play further back for 4th and 25 or standard kickoff from the 25 yard line
That would be my guess as well. Seems like there are a lot of details that would need to be hammered out in order to prevent any sort of abuse. I just heard this morning the play would be an untimed down. Sort of preventing a defensive coach from bleeding the clock with the play.

data

Forbes #1
That would be my guess as well. Seems like there are a lot of details that would need to be hammered out in order to prevent any sort of abuse. I just heard this morning the play would be an untimed down. Sort of preventing a defensive coach from bleeding the clock with the play.
This is all for Player safety, right? Fuck, man.

Just replace the kickoff with a punt.

I haven’t seen any motions to get rid of punts.

With the same play, You maintain the duality of element of an exciting TD return as well as element of surprise with a fake punt. Hell, makes it exciting with possibility of a punt block, too.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Instruct the WR to be more aggressive with push off and secure the 1st down.

If you’re called for offensive PI, then just do regular kickoff.

Teams will be allowed to use this alternative twice a game regardless of the score. What’s important to remember, though, is that all normal rules will apply to the play. If the defense commits holding or pass interference, it’s an automatic first down for the offense. However, if the offense is penalized, they can’t elect to kick the ball off afterward. They would have to try the alternative play from the new line of scrimmage in order to keep possession.

data

Forbes #1
If the defense commits holding or pass interference, it’s an automatic first down for the offense.
That’s some horseshit there. More fodder for the conspiracy theorists.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
If the defense commits holding or pass interference, it’s an automatic first down for the offense
Belichick is going to exploit the shit out of this

data

Forbes #1
I’m not a fan of the ‘must-declare’ nature of this option. I like the element of surprise with the onsides kick.

I’d rather have a regular or slightly variant version of a punt from your own 40 yard line with something like defense must have minimum eight players on line of scrimmage (or within five yards of line of scrimmage) at time of snap.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Obviously, but too dangerous, per the powers that be, so not an option.

What’s a safer alternative?
A wet rag for Goodell to wash the sand out of his vagina

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Speaking of which, itd be hilarious if the Redskins were renamed the Rednecks. I might even root for them.
That would be cultural appropriation, at least DC used to have Redskins in that area

data

Forbes #1
NFLN showing Seahawks vs 49ers. Where does this rivalry rank all-time?

Higher than Bears/Packers or any NFC North/Central rivalry, yeah. Rarely do those contests have any significance other than local yokel talk.

Higher than Ravens/Steelers? Hmmm.

Nothing close to Cowboys/Redskins of 70s early 80s, but definitely better than us the last 30 years

Better than Cowboys/Eagles last ten years? I’ll say ‘no’

Chiefs/Raiders hasn’t been shit in decades.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Seahawks - 49ers is way too new to count for anything. The 49ers have also mostly sucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom