2020 Random NFL Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
He was asked about that immediately after he raised that point. Basically "Why participate then?"

His answer was he has no other choice of league in which to play football at a high level and be compensated in a way that helps himself and his family build wealth for the future.
Even more retarded.

Richard Sherman:

Career Earnings: $68,733,424
Career APY: $7,637,047

Man, what an oppressive, plantation based system Sherman is forced to earn near immeasurable wealth in.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Even more retarded.

Richard Sherman:

Man, what an oppressive, plantation based system Sherman is forced to earn near immeasurable wealth in.
But but but he is forced to play for the NFL because they are the only ones willing to pay him a fortune.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Even more retarded.

Richard Sherman:

A cop pulled him over once. That qualifies as oppression in this day and age.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
A cop pulled him over once. That qualifies as oppression in this day and age.
I had a cop throw me in cuffs and in the back of his cop car while walking home from the bars once. It was a black cop in a St. Louis neighborhood. He let me go when he realized that I wasn't the one they were looking for. Shit happens, I was polite and moved on after.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
I had a cop throw me in cuffs and in the back of his cop car while walking home from the bars once. It was a black cop in a St. Louis neighborhood. He let me go when he realized that I wasn't the one they were looking for. Shit happens, I was polite and moved on after.

Same thing happened to me when I was 19. I was at a party, standing in the driveway, talking to 2 girls. There was a group of guys about to fight down at the end of the block. 2 patrol cars pulled up and everyone scattered. One of the patrol cars stopped in front the driveway I was standing in and the cop got out and threw me up against his car, handcuffed me, and took me to jail for disorderly conduct. Racist mother fucker.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I find it extremely hard to believe - logically - that republicans are in the white house and have a majority in the senate, yet somehow only 6 out of 32 teams' fans lean republican.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I find it extremely hard to believe - logically - that republicans are in the white house and have a majority in the senate, yet somehow only 6 out of 32 teams' fans lean republican.
That's why polls are pretty useless especially when you don't specify what area you took this in, going by the answers I'd bet this was D+10 at least

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's why polls are pretty useless especially when you don't specify what area you took this in, going by the answers I'd bet this was D+10 at least
My guess is a lot of those independants vote Republican. The problem is the Democratic side is just straight up mean and hateful to anybody that identifies as Republican so people say they are independant to shelter themselves feom the backlash.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Report: Most owners were “taken by surprise” by the Roger Goodell video
Posted by Mike Florio on June 6, 2020, 8:21 PM EDT

As it turns out, the league employee who came up with the idea for that compelling video from multiple star NFL players wasn’t the only league employee who went rogue this week.

According to Mark Maske of the Washington Post, the NFL’s 32 owners “mostly were taken by surprise” by Commissioner Roger Goodell’s video response to the video published a day earlier by the players. Per the report, Goodell “gave a head’s up to a few owners” after he decided what to do.

The “few owners” undoubtedly were the most powerful of the owners, the ones who actually run the league and the ones with whom Goodell communicates most frequently. The rest, the ones who don’t run the league, didn’t get advance notice.

But those aren’t the ones Goodell would have to worry about. He spoke to the ones who run the show, which takes a lot of steam out of the perception that Goodell went out on a limb without approval.

An unnamed source told Maske that “most owners” are expected to support Goodell’s statement. However, some owners expect a backlash from fans whose views on protests mesh with the President’s. Maske also reports that some wonder about Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, given his past position that players always should stand for the anthem.
----

I have to admit, I was a little shocked too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom