2020 Random NFL Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
They don't seem to draft that well though.
Yeah. They've been middle of the pack, at best.

Amazing what an all-timer coach and QB with a good scheme can do together. It will be interesting to see what happens now that they're apart. I bet they're both secretly hoping the other struggles with out them.

I hope they both fail miserably.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Yeah...things are not going all that well.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
The NFL needs stars, but the stars are the ones who've already made their $ and can afford to sit out. The rank and file guys will still show up, though.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
The NFL needs stars, but the stars are the ones who've already made their $ and can afford to sit out. The rank and file guys will still show up, though.
True but it still doesn't excuse the NFL for dragging their feet for this long. The NFLPA are throwing darts but they share in the blame as well, IMO. They should have voiced these concerns a long time ago rather than waiting until the last minute.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
True but it still doesn't excuse the NFL for dragging their feet for this long. The NFLPA are throwing darts but they share in the blame as well, IMO. They should have voiced these concerns a long time ago rather than waiting until the last minute.
I can't believe we are 10 days from camp and they don't even have safety procedures nailed down. They have had months to plan for this. It's ridiculous.

Cotton

Staff member

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I can't believe we are 10 days from camp and they don't even have safety procedures nailed down. They have had months to plan for this. It's ridiculous.
Yep, it's ridiculous.

And it's not like they had to come up with something from scratch. They've been playing soccer in Europe, baseball in Korea, and football in Australia for the past 2 months. I'm sure at least 90% of what those leagues have been doing would suffice here in the US.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
They just canceled high school football in Virginia this fall and parents made the same observation. "You've had since March to come up with a plan but you punted."

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
My kid's school district is the same way. School starts in late August so about 5 weeks. They've have since March basically but if you want to be generous April. STILL are trying to iron things out. Still don't have a concrete plan, at least as it pertains to virtual learning. It's kind of ridiculous.

Cotton

Staff member

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I'd like to know how we are gonna evaluate players, especially rookies, with literally no preseason.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd like to know how we are gonna evaluate players, especially rookies, with literally no preseason.
I don't think they will eliminate it. But obviously 1 preseason game is a realistic possibility. And I agree, I guess you just have to evaluate through practice. Which really sucks for QBs because preseason is about the only time they get snaps and get a chance to earn a roster spot. It means lot of good players will be cut without a chance and it's a real shame. It means a lot of players will lose the valuable opportunity to get real game reps that they won't get during the regular season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom