2020 Random NFL Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I had one done. It wasn't as bad as people say. They stuck a swab up my nose and wiggled it around a bit. A little irritating, but not bad. It only took a couple seconds.
Yeah talked to a guy today whose daughter was running a slight fever. He made it sound like the worst thing ever. But he was sayimg something about them doing 4 qtips. And that they test one and if that one is posotove they run all 4 to make sure. I don't think every place is so particular.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Aren't the tests kind of brutal?
Pretty sure they have saliva tests now. Not that any of it matters. The testing and results are all corrupt as shit.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I have been tested4 times and it’s uncomfortable for about 5 seconds and then it’s over.

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
Sounds like a fair compromise. If teams are going to have a season, and not have a preseason, they need to do as much as they can otherwise to prepare, so we don't have a shoddy product masquerading as 'NFL football'.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Given the circumstances, I wish they'd keep them that way.
Yep, at least for this year. Imagine the craziness of not knowing if even your practice squad players are safe, with the understanding you may need them. Not even to include the players you have to let go. There very well could be players moving all over the country as teams cut, release, IR, and sign players. It would be a damn rollercoaster.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yep, at least for this year. Imagine the craziness of not knowing if even your practice squad players are safe, with the understanding you may need them. Not even to include the players you have to let go. There very well could be players moving all over the country as teams cut, release, IR, and sign players. It would be a damn rollercoaster.
If I were running an NFL team, I would quarantine damn near a player a position.

Especially at QB, rusher, LT, etc.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If I were running an NFL team, I would quarantine damn near a player a position.

Especially at QB, rusher, LT, etc.
The hard part is position groups are usually together. So one olineman gets it and suddenly multiple Olineman get sick.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I think the risk of spreading the Corona virus in no greater than what teams have experienced with any other illnesses a player may have had in the past. They don’t have any unusual histories of teams contracting influenza and it infecting the rest of the team mates. Viruses are part of the universe we live in and to date teams have been able to isolate any player that is a victim of any illness.

This is a virus that has no greater opportunity to shut down a team other than knee jerk reactions. The real enemy is the reaction of some who quake in their boots when they hear the word Corona attached to another virus. The folks that are at risk of mortality issues are those in my age group and others who have compromised conditions to their health.

The real science of this virus is that it is another health risk to some but it not a death sentence to every and everything and teams should take precautions but why react like it’s a holocaust to the population as a whole?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom