Cowboys Nostalgia Thread

One of my favorite plays of all time:


Was at that game. Cowboys bench emptied to swarm Rocket in the endzone.

So awesome watching all those Washington fans on the walk out of the stadium.

One came up to me as I was in my Emmitt jersey, “What happened? Y’all are supposed to suck!”
 
It is one of mine as well. Favorite of all time, I dunno.

It is definitely memorable though. That game was two days after my son was born. I remember it quite clearly.
One of my favorites. Can’t say my all time favorite. That’s too hard to say. Too many to count.
 
I was reading through Wikipedia and I read that Jimmy Johnson got a third round pick in ‘90 AND a fourth rounder in ‘91 for Steve Pelluer.

He did a nice job stepping in when Danny White got hurt in ‘85. But still…that was a pretty damn good trade.




I’ll never forget this play. Huge. Clinched the division title.
 
I was reading through Wikipedia and I read that Jimmy Johnson got a third round pick in ‘90 AND a fourth rounder in ‘91 for Steve Pelluer.




I’ll never forget this play. Huge. Clinched the division title.


I totally forgot about that. Jimmy raped everyone in trades. There is one thing that Jones does not talk about much and that is how influential Jimmy and the scouts he fired right along with him were killing it in terms of personnel acquisition, both college and pro. Our pro personnel department was particularly effective in being able to market players and also reach out to "at risk" players and actually have them in for prove-it visits.

Dallas Sends Pelluer to Chiefs, Picks Up Palmer From Lions

L.A. TIMES ARCHIVES
OCT. 17, 1989 12 AM PT
FROM ASSOCIATED PRESS

IRVING, Tex. —
The Dallas Cowboys traded holdout quarterback Steve Pelluer to the Kansas City Chiefs today for draft picks in the 1990 and 1991 seasons and gave a late pick in 1990 to the Detroit Lions for running back Paul Palmer.

Pelluer, a five-year veteran who was a starter for the Cowboys in 1988, had been on the trading block all year and at one time nixed a deal that would have sent him to the Atlanta Falcons.

After the abortive Atlanta trade, Pelluer changed agents from Joe Courrage to Leigh Steinberg.

The Cowboys signed Pelluer today and then traded him to Kansas City to beat the 3 p.m. NFL trading deadline.

Dallas Coach Jimmy Johnson said the 1990 draft pick is “solid” and the 1991 selection depends on Pelluer’s performance.

“Kansas City is where Steve wanted to play, and it’s a good thing for Steve and the picks will help us in the next couple of years,” Johnson said.

The Cowboys went after Palmer because Darrin Nelson, one of five players obtained from Minnesota in a trade for Herschel Walker, said he did not want to play in Dallas.

The Atlanta trade would have paid Pelluer $1.2 million, which included a signing and roster bonus and performance incentives.
 
I remember liking Paul Palmer for some reason
 
I had quite a lot of hope for Palmer at the time and not only because he played for Temple but mostly because he played for Temple.

As an aside Palmer played for Bruce Arians at Temple. He was so good in college.
He was insanely good, and crushed it at a local high school here too, Churchill. Everyone localthought he’d dominate as a pro after he was a monster in college, but you could see he lacked that next level power or speed.

KC may have felt obligated to draft him in the first round based on all the hype.

I’m happy he personally had a great game and kept us from going 0-16 in 1989.
 
I rewatched the ‘92 NFC Championship game last night. I decided that it was unlikely that I’d ever get that much enjoyment out of Cowboys game ever again. That was pretty much peak awesomeness.
It was probably the most dramatic Cowboys game. It had it all.

1993 was just like some kind of gigantic kick to the nuts of the 49ers.

 
It was probably the most dramatic Cowboys game. It had it all.

1993 was just like some kind of gigantic kick to the nuts of the 49ers.



Also very satisfying to see Montana losing to the Cowboys in his final game with the 49ers
 
Erik Williams was a Conrad Dobler kind of psycho.

Pastor Reggie just couldn't deal with the disrespect.

Then the guy goes and hump-moves a bad ass like Larry Allen.

Go figure.

Reggie White is arguably the greatest DE of all time, and yet he had ZERO answers for Erik Williams.

He absolutely owned his ass and I think that contributed to the frustrations he'd have on the sideline during that run where we absolutely made those Packers our bitches.

Every time they would play us the games were never competitive and to make matters worse, Erik would knock his dick in the dirt every time.

That had to be infuriating.
 
Back
Top Bottom