Cowboys Nostalgia Thread



This is a great game to watch.

Coryell in full effect.

And damn, Cosell was good for a full of shit moment every game.

At the 12:21 mark, we was all about how it was "criminal" that Butch Johnson had not played over Pearson and that it just spoke to the great depth.

I never thought of Howard Cosell as a Cowboys shill, but maybe he was.

I was a huge Chargers fan from 79-82 and this game really confused me as I rooted for both sides.

I got super energized when our Boys unleashed a storm of turnovers on San Diego after they got cocky having kicked the shit out of us first half.

Danny White had another fake punt in there too, but we forced at least six turnovers and won with Tony Dorsett out hurt.

I always wondered why they didn’t just give the ball to Muncie more, but the way he held the football begged for fumbles.

I don’t know if it was that year, but Cosell never failed to comment slowly enunciating every word, “I don’t like the way Muncie holds the football”
 
at least he didn't call him a little monkey :tippytoe
:lol

I totally forgot about that. That was Darrell Green, right?

How on earth was Cosell not immediately blackballed by the woke?

Wait, those were simpler times.
 
:lol

I totally forgot about that. That was Darrell Green, right?

How on earth was Cosell not immediately blackballed by the woke?

Wait, those were simpler times.
Alvin Garrett I think. It was the Dorsett/Green game, though. Oh yeah, instantly fired in 2022.
 
At 29:10 Steve Wilson stepped in front of an out route and made a nice interception. I forgot about that guy but he was a solid pro.
 
At 29:10 Steve Wilson stepped in front of an out route and made a nice interception. I forgot about that guy but he was a solid pro.
That game was totally weird with all the deflections, fumbles, and interceptions.
 
That was so good. Best thing I've seen on their site in a long time, maybe ever. The ground level shots really show how fast and violent the game was. And the young Jimmy interviews and training camp shots from Austin were great. Stating the obvious, but damn, Jimmy was such a boss.

BTW, they should go back to those super-simple, almost high school-looking practice jerseys. Just plain white or (royal) blue, no stars or piping or even names on the jerseys, all business.
 
That was so good. Best thing I've seen on their site in a long time, maybe ever. The ground level shots really show how fast and violent the game was.

I was really impressed by how good they made all of that 30 year old footage look.

The quality of this vintage footage was outstanding.
 
Back
Top Bottom