2026 Season | Week 5 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Bucs @ Cowboys | 10/08/2026

Tampa would have had like three minutes left, plenty of time to stroll down the field and win the game.
Yeah, but at that point if it had not been for Bland we would have been up by a touchdown at that point and that botched pick 6 would have sealed the game.
 
Yeah, but at that point if it had not been for Bland we would have been up by a touchdown at that point and that botched pick 6 would have sealed the game.
That would've just tied the game IIRC... If we made the two pointer.
 
giphy.gif


The scary thing is, I don't even think it's Schottenheimer's worst coaching decision because I think attempting the 65 yard FG at the end of the first half against Houston was even worse. :picard

I don't know what's happening but I don't remember Schottenheimer being this bad last year.
 
Said that during the game... We played that almost like a Hail Mary for some reason. It's like they told the rushers to count to three before going for the QB. WTF?

It's just mind-boggling how bad the call is and just how clueless Parker is.

He basically looked at the scenario as if it was the end of the Ravens game all over again. And in that game, he inexplicably called a Cover 1 Robber, so he comes here and thinks "I should have gone zone there so that's what I'll do this time".

:doh

MY GOD.....I don't know if I can watch a full season of this shit. I really don't.

I'm just so angry at the ineptitude from the staff last night. And I thought they were atrocious in the Ravens game and yet compared to last night, the Ravens game looks like Giants masterclass vs the Bills in Super Bowl 25.

I never EVER thought I'd see the Cowboys have a worse overall coaching staff than the ones we had under Dave Campo, but yet here we are.

Across the board, this staff is clueless, overwhelmed, and inept -- we'll be lucky to win more than 6 games with them.
 
This team has had 3 real coaches since it was established in 1960. Landry, Jimmy, and Parcells. That’s it. And even Parcells wasn’t the coach he was when he was here.

This organization wasted the careers of Romo and Witten. Ware too except he got a ring with another team. And now we’re wasting the careers of Dak and Lamb.

It’s sickening.
I guess I should throw in McCarthy and Fat Wade in there although I’m hesitant about Wade.
 
The scary thing is, I don't even think it's Schottenheimer's worst coaching decision because I think attempting the 65 yard FG at the end of the first half against Houston was even worse. :picard

I don't know what's happening but I don't remember Schottenheimer being this bad last year.

Analytics say a broken clock is correct eventually.

SOM repeats something stupid enough and will eventually get one to work
 
That would've just tied the game IIRC... If we made the two pointer.
Bland's two DPIs allowed their drive to continue at the beginning of the game that resulted in 7 points for them. Bland was responsible for a 14 point swing in the game. The pick 6 would have (minus the dumbass decision to for for 2) puts us up by 7.
 


That's where I'm at this morning -- the loss is so egregious and the coaching inadequacies are so blatant that you're kinda in disbelief that you're witnessing such a debacle at the NFL level.
 
This is exactly the reasoning.

The math works but it's still fucking stupid.

It's better to take your chances in overtime than to put all your eggs in a two point conversion basket.

You give yourself way more chances by playing it straight.
I think that's normally true but the way that game had shaken out Tampa was playing better than we were.

Had we hit the WIDE OPEN CeedDee Lamb on the conversion and had Ferg not dropped a pass that literally hit him in the face, Dallas might have actually won yesterday's abortion.

Normally Dak makes that wide open pass to Lamb 99 out of 100. Just a fucked up day.

Anyways, I hate the analytics approach because our Dallas Cowboys will always find new ways to botch it, like they did.
 
Yep, I get that everyone is going to target the HC usually when things go wrong, and in this case rightfully so.

BUT, I think the real story is how bad Parker has been. It's been an abject disaster.
Parker was Schotty’s pick. Jerry let Schotty pick his coordinators this season and he shat the bed.
 
I think that's normally true but the way that game had shaken out Tampa was playing better than we were.

Had we hit the WIDE OPEN CeedDee Lamb on the conversion and had Ferg not dropped a pass that literally hit him in the face, Dallas might have actually won yesterday's abortion.

Normally Dak makes that wide open pass to Lamb 99 out of 100. Just a fucked up day

Dak was awful last night....just awful.

I'm pretty sure it was fatigue which is why everything was either really short or really high.

All the passes that came up short is arm fatigue, and all the passes that were high were him trying to compensate for the fatigue.

On this one, I'd like to send a big FUCK YOU to the NFL for the bullshit schedule they gave us.
 
2-15. Let’s do it
Honestly?

I'd sign up for that right now because last night killed every ounce of optimism that I had for the season.

Just 24 hours ago, I was as enthusiastic about Cowboys football as I'd been in some time, and just like that, all that enthusiasm and excitement completely evaporated.

So since I have no hope whatsoever, I'd rather this season in a total disaster that way Jerry has no choice but to fire the entire staff and we get a top 5 draft pick.

Just burn this shit to the ground.
 
Parker was Schotty’s pick. Jerry let Schotty pick his coordinators this season and he shat the bed.
Parker wasn't ready for the full job. Not with these fragile players.

These guys needed to have 2025 coached out of their systems through hard repetition of the easiest concepts first. I'd have fought to play them all the first half of each preseason game.
 
So since I have no hope whatsoever, I'd rather this season in a total disaster that way Jerry has no choice but to fire the entire staff and we get a top 5 draft pick.
Ahem... You mean the Jets get a top 5 pick. :(
 
My biggest problem with this whole thing- you sit here as a fan and it’s not like the team is fucked up because of shit out of anyone’s control.
The team sucks because 1 guy (basically) simply refuses to step back, stay out of the limelight and give up control or turn the control of football operations over to people who could actually build a cohesive team.
The team is Jerry’s toy, and that’s all it is. He claims he covets winning above anything in this world, yet the actions clearly demonstrate he doesn’t. Thats the maddening part. We COULD be a SB contender in a season or two with competent football guys running the show. Could being the key word.

You can drive yourself insane as a hardcore Cowboys fan or sit back and realize until change is made at the top, there really isn’t much hope of going back to the glory years I think everyone on this board hopes for. It’s fucking sad man.

Yep.
 
Back
Top Bottom