Zack Martin To Holdout?

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
There is no reason that Quenton Nelson and Chris Lindstrom still make more than him, other than their age.

Sure there is. He signed his contract earlier than they got paid, and for a term long enough that he's still under it. I'm assuming he did that willingly and because he wanted a lot of money up front.

But he got his cake and ate it too, good for him I guess.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
When he held out I wondered how much of it was him just not wanting to go to California for that portion of camp, so the timing isn't all that surprising. I thought it might get dragged out until the end of the month but something like this was always the inevitable conclusion.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
When he held out I wondered how much of it was him just not wanting to go to California for that portion of camp, so the timing isn't all that surprising. I thought it might get dragged out until the end of the month but something like this was always the inevitable conclusion.
I expected him to drag it out until a week before the opener or something. Jerry Jones blinked first.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I expected him to drag it out until a week before the opener or something. Jerry Jones blinked first.
I mean I don't really give a shit about Jerry's money but this was a pretty pathetic cave. You're a great player? You sign a mega deal with most of your money up front? Sure go ahead and hold Jerry hostage in the back years when the pay isn't as high. Just seems silly. I guess Mahomes should ask for his pay to be increased now too since top QBs are going to be getting 50+ mil.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I mean I don't really give a shit about Jerry's money but this was a pretty pathetic cave. You're a great player? You sign a mega deal with most of your money up front? Sure go ahead and hold Jerry hostage in the back years when the pay isn't as high. Just seems silly. I guess Mahomes should ask for his pay to be increased now too since top QBs are going to be getting 50+ mil.
To be fair Mahomes actually should do that in the next year or two, I certainly would if I were in his position.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
To be fair Mahomes actually should do that in the next year or two, I certainly would if I were in his position.
Yeah he was just the first top player at his position who signed a mega deal that came to mind. This whole thing just sort of defeats the purpose of signing a guy to a long term contract that isn't back loaded.

Top Bottom