Zack Martin To Holdout?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Parsons has essentially commented that he would play football for free because he loves playing and being the best. Sure he will get paid but he is a different personality whose priority does not seem to be money.
Brady did the same but those players are rare.

Greed on both sides rules the roost.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Yeah, I would never expect any player to take less than the maximum he can get regardless of what he says.

Parsons is going to get a gargantuan contract and set the new market.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Yeah, I would never expect any player to take less than the maximum he can get regardless of what he says.

Parsons is going to get a gargantuan contract and set the new market.

True, but that contract is going to be gargantuan no matter what. It's just a matter of whether he'll be reasonable or not. I think he will be.

By way of example, Tyron famously took a very team friendly deal which helped them do a lot of other things with the cap. And yet he still got generational wealth - over $115 million career earnings after this season.

I'd guess that Parsons will have a similar mentality about it. Just get it done rather than squeeze every penny out of it.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
They deserve what they negotiate at the time of their contracts.

It's not even like Martin outperformed his contract. It was more than fair when he signed it.
Rookies have no way to negotiate anything. While I'm a believer in the slotted salary at your draft spot, I also believe in good faith re-negotiations after around 3 years if you proven you're worth way more than what you signed for. First round draft picks are basically held hostage for 5 years at well below market value if they turn into stars.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Rookies have no way to negotiate anything. While I'm a believer in the slotted salary at your draft spot, I also believe in good faith re-negotiations after around 3 years if you proven you're worth way more than what you signed for. First round draft picks are basically held hostage for 5 years at well below market value if they turn into stars.

Zack wasn't on a rookie contract though.

Top Bottom