Where is Romo Going? Thread

townsend

Banned
I can not see in any Universe Jerry Jones letting Tony Romo go to Houston. He might be in the family portrait, but Jerry isn't going to risk losing a bunch of in state fans to Houston. If he does he is an idiot. There is an entire generation of kids in Texas that have grown up idolizing Romo.
Not gonna lie, I would root for a Romo led Texans team.

I wonder how much trade that kind of market bump would add.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I won't pretend to be privy to Texas sports politics, but with Houston being an AFC team I wouldn't even hesitate sending Romo there.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Houston is going to pay both Romo and Osweiler? Don't see it. The more I think about it, Chicago might be a dark horse destination, even though they don't fit the contender mode.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Houston is going to pay both Romo and Osweiler? Don't see it. The more I think about it, Chicago might be a dark horse destination, even though they don't fit the contender mode.
In the NFL having a QB the caliber of Romo I think can take you from the dumps to contender at the snap of your fingers. And I'm sure a team like Chicago would feel that exact same way. Plus Romo is from the midwest so it might be nice for him to return to that area.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
If the Bears can add a LT they have a solid OL with Long, Sitton and Whitehair on the interior, then of course you have Jeffrey and Howard is a guy I liked coming out who had a big time rookie year.

Their defense mostly sucks but that's never held back Romo before.

There are many other teams that he could go to with much less offensive talent.

And unless they get things moving there quick this could be Fox's last chance as a HC in the league, I wouldn't be surprised if he pushed for Romo knowing that his time is almost up.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Is there any chance Jones is stupid enough to try to give Romo the starting job back?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I won't pretend to be privy to Texas sports politics, but with Houston being an AFC team I wouldn't even hesitate sending Romo there.
Texas and their sports politics can kiss my ass. If Houston offered us the best deal, I wouldn't think twice about sending him there.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If the Bears can add a LT they have a solid OL with Long, Sitton and Whitehair on the interior, then of course you have Jeffrey and Howard is a guy I liked coming out who had a big time rookie year.

Their defense mostly sucks but that's never held back Romo before.

There are many other teams that he could go to with much less offensive talent.

And unless they get things moving there quick this could be Fox's last chance as a HC in the league, I wouldn't be surprised if he pushed for Romo knowing that his time is almost up.
Yeah their offensive talent isn't bad at all. They just need a QB to make it work. The Bears defense sucks but if they try to play a little keep away with Romo and Howard they could protect the defense well enough to compete for a playoff spot.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Texas and their sports politics can kiss my ass. If Houston offered us the best deal, I wouldn't think twice about sending him there.
Yeah no kidding. Besides they are an AFC team that aren't even really competing with. I seriously doubt fans are going to abandon the Cowboys in favor of the Texans just because Romo goes there. That shouldn't even be a concern when thinking about trades.

It's really simple. Just take the highest draft pick offered.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Plus, it would be funnier than fuck to watch all of the texans on this board stroke out if Romo were to win a super bowl in Houston before Dallas wins one.

townsend

Banned
Is there any chance Jones is stupid enough to try to give Romo the starting job back?
Jerry? yes. Stephen, Jason, and Linehan? No.

Jerry might attempt a feeble smoke screen to try and up Romo's trade value. I could genuinely see Jerry saying some shit like: "Well when you have two quarterbacks that can play at an elite level, you got a lot of options. If I've learned one thing about Tony Romo it's you can never count him out."

But it would just entrench the media's perception of Jerry as a figurehead.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Not a chance Stephen allows that to happen, I don't imagine.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Plus, it would be funnier than fuck to watch all of the texans on this board stroke out if Romo were to win a super bowl in Houston before Dallas wins one.
I think it would only mess with Ace.

Cotton

Staff member
Yep.

Cotton

Staff member
Yeah no kidding. Besides they are an AFC team that aren't even really competing with. I seriously doubt fans are going to abandon the Cowboys in favor of the Texans just because Romo goes there. That shouldn't even be a concern when thinking about trades.

It's really simple. Just take the highest draft pick offered.
I'm sure there would be some fans that would flip, but I don't think there would be enough to even move the needle.

Cotton

Staff member

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Well, God damn it. Stop fucking with my happiness.

I hope Jerry lives forever, you assholes.

townsend

Banned
I'm sure there would be some fans that would flip, but I don't think there would be enough to even move the needle.
Honestly fans would probably just watch both. Lots of fans have a 2nd team they follow. In the advent of Fantasy football people watch dozens of games just to see a player or two. Besides, as long as the Cowboys are in the hunt, they'll have the entire country on their bandwagon.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I can't imagine rooting for the Texans. But I guess the yokels would.

Top Bottom